New EssentialPIM (Pro) Portable 11.5 freeware release: no way to start and work into Linux Mint using WINE

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Markinson
Novice

New EssentialPIM (Pro) Portable 11.5 freeware release: no way to start and work into Linux Mint using WINE

Post by Markinson »

Hi all and very sorry for my English! :oops:

Recently I downloaded the EssentialPIM free installer, named "EssentialPIMPro.exe" (I don't know why the suffix "Pro" ...), release 11.5.0, and try to use it as portable into my Linux Mint, using WINE.
I was always able to use EPIM portable in Linux Mint by WINE, but now it looks no more possible: as I try to start/launch EPIM portable I receive a blocking windows error, from which I can only send a report to the developer of the program.

This was the log of the issue:
There was an error during the execution of this program.
Click "Send" to submit the report to the developer. Please also provide any steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

JumpList exception: Error -2147467263 Beginning List.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception log with detailed tech info. Generated on 4/25/2023 7:47 AM.
You may send it to the application vendor, helping him to understand what had happened.
Application title: Essentialpim
Application file: Z:\home\mycomputer\programs\EPIM\EssentialPIM.exe
Application: EssentialPIM Pro Portable 11.5 4/17/2023
Exception class: EJumpListException
Exception message: JumpList exception: Error -2147467263 Beginning List.
Exception address: 0143E437
Main thread ID = 300
Exception thread ID = 300
Active Controls:
07:47:51.568 UpgradeProDialog2 OKBtn
Memory: 2907; free 884
Display: 1280x800 pixels, 32 bpp, 96 PPI
Updates: 1
So I downgraded to 11.2.5 (I have a copy of this), and the portable version works well, even if when I try to close the GUI it doesn't close and I have to kill the process manually.

Days ago I have sent two e-mails, too, sending/reporting this issue, but I'm still waiting for an answer.

I know, I'm using EPIM into a no-supported O.S., but I hope you could consider my request anyway. Please.
Thank you so much for your comprehension and help.
"Facesti come quei che va di notte, che porta il lume dietro e sé non giova, ma dopo sé fa le persone dotte"
Dante (Purgatorio, Canto XXII)
admin
Site Admin

Re: New EssentialPIM (Pro) Portable 11.5 freeware release: no way to start and work into Linux Mint using WINE

Post by admin »

Thank you for the report. Although it appears the error message is not directly related to running EPIM on Linux, as we have received similar reports from Windows users recently. We will investigate the issue and fix it as soon as possible.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Markinson
Novice

Re: New EssentialPIM (Pro) Portable 11.5 freeware release: no way to start and work into Linux Mint using WINE

Post by Markinson »

Thank you so much for your kindness. I'm very grateful.
So I'll wait with patience these issues, starting portable version (blocking error at launch) and closing it (when I try to close the GUI it doesn't close and I have to kill the process manually), will be fixed.
Thanks again! :)
"Facesti come quei che va di notte, che porta il lume dietro e sé non giova, ma dopo sé fa le persone dotte"
Markinson
Novice

Post by Markinson »

I got the new EPIM 11.5.1 and both the issues describe above were solved.
Thank you so much for your job and help!

P.S.
Off topic: I don't understand why recently the PRO and free version seems to be "confused". I mean: when I download EPIM freeware, by the link to the freeware version, I obtain a file named "EssentialPIMPro.exe" even if it seems working as a freeware ...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks very much for the confirmation!

As a side note: that's the new system which includes both the Pro and the Free versions in one file so that users are able to switch between the versions (if needed) easier without a need to download something else.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Markinson
Novice

Post by Markinson »

Once again, thank you so much for your support and consideration!