Why you DON'T like EPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

todd
Experienced

Re: Why you DON'T like EPIM?

Post by todd »

I am pretty much in agreement with the general thread here. Everytime a new release comes out I hold my breath hoping it didn't break anything essential to me, but the previous release broke my calendar/reminder screen which I rely on every single day. I posted a message on the support forum, got one or two replies, and then nothing, and the complaint was still unresolved. So basically someone just threw up their hands and there has been no follow up since. This is in addition to an ongoing complaint from a number of releases ago on the lack of ability to sync when I try to sync to my Iphone. This too was abruptly dropped.

The calendar though I really need to work, so when it was obvious I would get no help I solved the problem myself by going back to a third party calendar program that always worked well and still does and now I get my reminders in the morning again. So goodbye epim calendar module. That leaves me pretty much only using the Note module.

There is a minor but annoying bug in notes that I would like to see fixed and I have left a suggestion. My plan is to keep checking the new releases using my virtual machine to prevent my current release from having new bugs introduced, and when / if I see the fix I intend to update and freeze my version at that point. I have already passed up the latest release.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We would appreciate it if you could provide us with the topics you believe we have not addressed adequately. We always strive to identify the root cause of issues and resolve them as quickly as possible. However, sometimes there may not be anything to fix. Please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
victor09

Post by victor09 »

In the notes, add formatting for well-known file formats and programming languages such as SQL, VB.Net , C#, xml, etc. So, for example, it was done in Notepad++. This will be very convenient for storing request fragments and code.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you very much for the suggestion. We truly appreciate it!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
alex4EPIM
Novice

Post by alex4EPIM »

I'd like to make some notes locked - read only
I managed to do it in a pc through a forum post I have started at
https://www.essentialpim.com/forum/view ... hp?t=38237

but unable to do it on android

and another issue:
when synced locked/read only note becomes NOT read-only
ideally we'd like to make some notes in both android as well as pc version and when synced they all be read only if one marked as read-only
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

Yes, should be :!:
EPIM Pro + EPIM Android (AEPIM) / W10 Pro 64 bits FR + Office 2019 Pro Plus
Triple S
Expert

Post by Triple S »

Updates keep making EPIM worse.

For some time now using EPIM has for the lack of better words sucked. But I remembered loving working in EPIM notes, so I decided to check the update log and find the version that added note zoom. That's when it all started going down hill. Ever since note zooming was added the window lagged something fierce when resizing, and every update after that just seemed to make notes worse. Search stopped finding the notes I was looking for without having to put everything in quotes, than in the last couple of version the interface for notes have become unbearable.

After spending a day back porting all my notes to 9.10, which was a royal pain given that there is no good way to downgrade. I basically looked through my backups found the last 9.10 database I had (Dec 12th 2021) and then spend a bunch of time back porting new things since then.

Overall I am super happy with the results 9.10 is fast, friendly, efficient. Everything I remember loving about EPIM. It feels like a major upgrade after using 10 and 11 for the past couple of years.

So I guess my lifetime license ends at version 9.10.
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

My best was ca 5.x.
Since then, well, nothing but agree with Triple S.

The first not user friendly decision was to introduce this crazy window, to edit all fields in contact record, instead of using All tab. Probably 7.x.

Anyway, sucks completely, and I don't use mail module, that would kill us probably.
EPIM Pro Business Network always newest
Win 8.1 Pro 64x, C2D 2x3GHz, 16 GB RAM or Win 10 Pro, i7, 16 GB RAM.
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

Anyway always a good alternative :wink: to sync without a cloud the notes between mobile and PC, and even Outlook — Rgds
EPIM Pro + EPIM Android (AEPIM) / W10 Pro 64 bits FR + Office 2019 Pro Plus