Main Epim window always on top

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Rasna
Experienced

Main Epim window always on top

Post by Rasna »

Hi, I have reinstalled Epim after a while (version 11.4, updated to 11.5) and something happens: when a new window pops up (contact detail, calendar entry... all of them), they always open in the background. So I must minimize Epim and then can see the dialog.
Another strange thing is that when Epim is maximized, all the taskbar icons can be clicked but they will open in the background. The only way to see anything alse but Epim is to minimize it, then everything works fine.
It looks like Epim main window is set as always on top.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Main Epim window always on top

Post by admin »

We need more info to understand the issue. What do you usually do to pop up a new dialog window? Additionally, have you tried restarting EPIM to see if that resolves the issue?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Rasna
Experienced

Post by Rasna »

Hi, restarting Epim didn't work but a full reboot of my laptop seems to have solved the issue.
To pop up a new dialog window I simply double click on the entry.
For the moment it came back working normally, I will write support in case it happens again.
Thank you
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

I had the same problem after upgrading to 11.5. When I double click on an email it puts it UNDER the main email screen. It works ok if I open it to the 2nd monitor, but even then, if I drag it back to the main monitor it slides UNDER the main screen. In fact, if I click on the email (subwindow), from the taskbar, it will not open on top only under the main window. I've attached a screen image as I drag the email from one screen to another. You can see I'm on this forum on one screen, but when I drag the email over it slides UNDER the main window.

I'll try rebooting the computer, something I don't do often, and report back if it fixes the issue.
mail  windows under main window.jpg
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

It ends up that I didn't need to restart the computer. Restarting EPIM seems to have fixed it.
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

I spoke too soon. This morning (4 days later), the main EPIM window became "Always on top". So, writing a new email or anything else, could only exist behind the main screen. This makes it difficult to write the email!

I have not determined what causes the change. It had worked for 4 or 5 days, then, back to always on top. Fixed by restarting EPIM, so not critical, but also not perfect.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update, we will check the issue out.
wantabt
Novice

Post by wantabt »

I'm having the same issue. Double click on email and it goes behind the main window. Even after clicking on it, it is still hard to bring to the forefront.
Steven
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The issue should have been fixed in the new EPIM version 11.5.1. Please update and let us know.
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

Updating now. Will complain again if it isn't fixed. Since at one time it went 4 days, it'll be hard to be sure for a week unless it happens again.

Just as an aside, one reason I moved from the PIM I had been using to Essential PIM is because you folks really listen to your customers and respond. This is just one example.