From day one with pro...

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

AduroMark Owner

From day one with pro...

Post by AduroMark Owner »

To whom it may concern:
I've tried to be patient with this software, really I have. The free version worked well, well enough in fact that I decided to use the software for my business. By far this has been the worst decision I could have made with regard to your software. Since installing the Pro version, the operating environment is routinely unstable and crashes, has led to conflicts with my video card (why that would happen I will never understand, since a 32 bit program shouldn't be affecting AMD video card drivers in the first place) that have caused the entire system to crash and forced hard reboots after closing the software, and despite what was said to someone about similar Fatal Error issues, I can assure you that they ARE quite common. As in I have never NOT had one pop up since installing the Pro version. Couple that with paying for the Android pro version only to find out that it isn't able to receive my email (which was literally the only reason I bought the software...to be able to access my email account from my phone...so double fat waste of money), and I'm at the end of my rope. The PC software finally gave up the ghost all together and died in a hanging screen on start up, only to lock the dead window on my screen on top of anything else I may have running or want to run, and required Task Manager in order to close. So, I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it. The reinstall informed me that it couldn't read the database file because I needed to upgrade the version from 11.1 to 11.2 or newer (I had 11.2 installed), and automatically went for 11.5. I thought "awesome, hopefully they will have the bugs worked out then!" Nope. Worse than before. No less than 65 of the same fatal exception error took over my home screen on software launch before requiring the same force close as before. I have emails for my business that I literally need to complete and track client orders, and I can't even access them now.

Can someone please tell me what the value of restarting after a fatal error is if that same error persists over and over again? Well, even if you can't, I tried that, I tried just working anyway, since as the guy from a few years ago pointed out, it didn't seem to make a lick of difference to the software either way...it still (sort of) functioned. I decided to give you guys a shot because I really don't want to roll with Microsoft, and Thunderbird doesn't have the Outlook replacing features I was looking for. Congratulations, you got my money. You're not getting any more of it.
DaxAtDS9
Expert

Re: From day one with pro...

Post by DaxAtDS9 »

Wow. That sound hard.
May I ask: how big is your database?
Do you use imap or pop3?
Have you ever optimize database? (Sure you did)
What’s your OS?
How old is your pc?
Please notice: I think i couldn’t help you, but only try to understand why Epim should work so bad as you describe.
From Exchange to Epim Pro with blood, sweat and tears.
English / Deutsch
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please provide screenshots of any error messages you encounter. This will help us identify any possible causes for the issues you are experiencing. It's possible that there's something wrong with your PC or system configuration, or that EssentialPIM's database has become corrupted. Since there have been no similar reports from other users, we need more information to pinpoint the root of the problem.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
AduroMark Owner

DaxAtDS9 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:49 am Wow. That sound hard.
May I ask: how big is your database?
Do you use imap or pop3?
Have you ever optimize database? (Sure you did)
What’s your OS?
How old is your pc?
Please notice: I think i couldn’t help you, but only try to understand why Epim should work so bad as you describe.
Been using it for about 4-5 months. No clue, since I don't have much time outside of work to tinker with software. Running Windows 10.
admin wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:52 pm Please provide screenshots of any error messages you encounter. This will help us identify any possible causes for the issues you are experiencing. It's possible that there's something wrong with your PC or system configuration, or that EssentialPIM's database has become corrupted. Since there have been no similar reports from other users, we need more information to pinpoint the root of the problem.
It's an i5 6400. It's carrying 10TB across 6 drives (3 internal, 3 external), with EPIM installed to C and with plenty of breathing room (most other programs are stored and run from other drives). Since the screen shot is literally going to be of the EPIM screen not responding and hanging, as well as errors that I have already reported (maybe, since half the time it doesn't get that far...but I have been reporting the errors when given the opportunity). I'm running Lightburn, Vcarve, Office (including Access), Steam with various DB dependent programs, Python, pHp based web designing software and about 200 other programs. All of them have a database of one sort or another, none with any stability issues. Appreciate the reply, but this isn't a me issue, it's not a "your system can't hang with how advanced our software is" issue...it is a flaw you aren't testing for in your QC processes, and in all fairness, maybe it's one you don't know to test for...but if that is the case, you really should not be charging for it. Just my humble opinion, but seeing as how I have multiple software options running that serve the same functions as EPIM, all were free, and all running without issue...it might be time to consider you beat the dog you were trying to feed.
AduroMark Owner

...oh, and for the record, even this dated pHpBB-style forum is reflective of how spot on I am. smh, I was running the exact same set up for Half Life clan in the late 90s/early 2000s.
AduroMark Owner

Error 1 on start up:
"There was an error during the execution of this program.
Click "Send" to submit the report to the developer. Please also provide any steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

JumpList exception: Error -2147024247 Comminting List."

...followed immediately by Error 2:
"There was an error during the execution of this program.
Click "Send" to submit the report to the developer. Please also provide any steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

Access violation at address 014E8E40 in module 'EssentialPIM.exe'. Read of address 00000008"

Note that the second error is the one that occurs and has occurred consistently since Pro was installed, on both my system as well as my business partner's system (both paid Pro version users)
DaxAtDS9
Expert

Post by DaxAtDS9 »

The i5 6400 is about 8 years old. May it be your whole pc is that old?
I’ve got some trouble with an „old pc“ too. Installed and delete many Programms, games, tools over the year. And at one point there maybe so many changes in the system and registry, that it was a mess on many points. IMHO it’s useful to reset a system after several years and restart all over. So I did.

After having a new and clean system, I could install all I (really) need and after that everything works fine (and some things ever better).

Maybe you should think about it.
From Exchange to Epim Pro with blood, sweat and tears.
English / Deutsch
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AduroMark Owner, the first error message you mentioned is a known issue that typically occurs on older Windows versions like Windows 7. We have identified the problem and will be releasing a fix for it in the next EPIM update, which is scheduled to be released next week. It's possible that the second error you encountered is related to the first one.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!