Unwanted entry in start menu

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Nurgotora
Guru

Unwanted entry in start menu

Post by Nurgotora »

EsssentialPIM Pro 11.5 Desktop, Windows 10

Every time EssentialPIM is started, it creates a link to itself in the startmenu:

%SystemDrive%\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EssentialPIM.lnk

I find no option to prevent EssentialPIM from doing this.

Cheers,
Nurgotora

PS: In the forum I found a similiar issue concerning the Portable version (2018): https://www.essentialpim.com/forum/view ... hp?t=21814
sceptor

Re: Unwanted entry in start menu

Post by sceptor »

Right-click on this .lnk, go to properties - general and set the "hidden" attribute - it will disappear from the Start Menu.

I know it's not a very elegant solution, but until the developer solves it, at least it doesn't irritate your eyes :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is required so that the system is able to show notifications from EPIM. If you don't want to leave any traces in the system, you can switch to the Portable edition of EPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Nurgotora
Guru

Post by Nurgotora »

No, I'm fine with EssentialPIM leaving traces in the system. Just the continous recreation of the EssentialPIM.lnk in that special location bothers me, as I have that link already somewhere else in the Startmenu ... I'm curious about the connection between it being in that exact place and the ability to show notifications, too.

... but I'll use sceptor's solution. Works for me. Thanks!