Default email address

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Steve Shank
Guru

Default email address

Post by Steve Shank »

I have some clients who close their business, or retire etc. changing their email address. I don't want to loose the links I have to their old emails so even though the old email address doesn't work, I don't want to lose it. But, I also don't want to use the old address. Is there already a way to make the first address on the list as we type in a name be the last one used? Or is there a way to set a default.

I just noticed, that even if the old address is removed entirely, it still comes up on top when I begin typing their name.
a8907433
Guru

Re: Default email address

Post by a8907433 »

Hello Steve,
"I just noticed, that even if the old address is removed entirely, it still comes up on top when I begin typing their name." Look into Contacts/Collected addresses- here you can delete addresses you you don´t want to show when typing an address. In Tools/Options/Contacts you can decide if e-mail recipients are added to colected adresses or not.
For the old email adresses you don´t want to loose..... just add such informastion into the notes field, in contacts! Or create a new field.
This is just the way I do it.