EPIM Desktop calendar and iPhone

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
bobmac1547
Guru

EPIM Desktop calendar and iPhone

Post by bobmac1547 »

I want to have my EPIM calendar on my iPhone. I don't like the iPhone calendar, so I've been experimenting with other apps that read the iPhone calendar. That way, I sync EPIM with iPhone, and then the other apps pick up the events and display them.

I don't like the Mail app on iOS either. (Frankly, I really don't like very much about the iPhone except that it works well with my new hearing aids which is the ONLY reason I made the switch from Android.) So I'm looking at Outlook for iOS but cannot figure out how to get my EPIM calendar to be displayed in Outlook for iOS. I have a feeling that it's not going to be a direct sync, but more indirect.

BTW, the only thing I want on the phone from EPIM is calendar and contacts at this time. Contacts works well and the sync to the calendar works. I just want a different app to view the calendar and am considering Outlook although I open to ideas...

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for me?

Thanks...
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
DaxAtDS9
Expert

Re: EPIM Desktop calendar and iPhone

Post by DaxAtDS9 »

Hi. There are many good calendar apps in AppStore. For myself I’ve been using miCal for several years, because it works very well with outlook exchange server. Since I’ve been leavin exchange (last month) I’ve been using Epim with iPhone. Sync via iCloud works very well and safe. Because with miCal there three apps that sync together, I switched back to Apple iPhone calendar. It’s fine now. Only two apps for syncing. iPhone and Epim. Less error sources.
Syncing contacts works well, too. Only tasks are the problem. Solved it via Google tasks.

What I was saying is: imho while using Epim, it should always be the leading system. iPhone or iPad are important tools to have you data with you. Having your data on mobile is state of the Art these days and just a must have.
Therefor you should give Apple a try. It only took me a little time to switch back from miCal, although I’ve never used Apple calendar before. MiCal was MY calendar from the beginning with iOS.

So my tipp: you should stay with Apple calendar and contacts. :-)
From Exchange to Epim Pro with blood, sweat and tears.
English / Deutsch
Haldex
Guru

Post by Haldex »

I'm going to hang on. EPIM's iOS app is nowhere near what it is for Android. So until now I thought EPIM was almost unusable on the iPhone.

Now I read here that if you sync EPIM with the iPhone, you can have the appointments in the Apple calendar.
This of course opens up the possibility of using all the calendar comfort of Top Calendar with third party apps.

Besides the calendar, the contacts on the iPhone are also important.

My question now, how do you synchronise EPIM - Windows with the iPhone?
Win 11 Prof 64 Bit, 16 GB, 11th Gen Intel i7-11390H 3.4 GHz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please have a look at the following topic in the help file: iOS EPIM (iPhone/iPad).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!