EPIM-Outlook Sync v. 10.0 not syncing personal lists

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Lee S
Beta Team

EPIM-Outlook Sync v. 10.0 not syncing personal lists

Post by Lee S »

I am running Outlook 365 64 bit. EPIM Pro Portable 10.1.2. EPIM-Outlook Sync v. 10.0. This appears to be the only way that I am able to get my MS Todo tasks into Essential Pim. For some reason, the other alternatives do not work. Anyway, MS Todo has the option to add lists to the app into which I can assign Tasks. Essential Pim also has the option for multiple lists. Any task I assign to the default MS Todo "Task" list syncs to EPIM successfully. Any task I assign to the MS Todo list "Sample" DOES NOT synchronize. My EPIM Task View is defined as plain which should show the EPIM list "Sample" but does not.
Thank You
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-18 203819.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-18 203939.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM-Outlook Sync v. 10.0 not syncing personal lists

Post by admin »

Why wouldn't you sync EssentialPIM with MS To Do directly?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Because it constantly fails. Apparently because of some problem with when I installed the business version of MS office vs personal version of O365 . I uninstalled the business version, but EPIM still has a problem. MS Todo manages to find the correct version and work successfully. Very frustrating.
Thank You
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What sort of problem is that? Is there any error message?
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

When I run the normal sync for ms todo from EPIM it blanks/zeros all my entries in EPIM. My guess is that somehow EPIM is looking at the business version of ms todo. I personally think the uninstall didn't clear a pointer and EPIM is picking up on it. The EPIM-Outlook Sync and ms todo seem to be able to work around it. Frustrating best guess. Now as I stated the EPIM-Outlook Sync doesn't appear to pick up new lists. As an alternative I am duplicating using Ms Todo and Google tasks to keep track of my tasks.
Thank You
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd suggest you to create a new EPIM database and try to sync your MS To Do account with it. If there's going to be any inconsistencies, let us know about them and forward us the log file.
EPIM-Outlook Sync is for synchronizing Outlook and EPIM, it has nothing to do with MS To Do.
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

I finally found the problem. An old business account was defined in my settings accounts and had defined itself as the primary account. Removed the account and epim was able to find my personal account.
Thank You