Unable to send from outlook

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Tonyn
Novice

Unable to send from outlook

Post by Tonyn »

Hi
This morning I noted my outlook outbox is not being sent and I receive the following message with an unreachable address of lo4p123ca0231.gbrp123.prod.outlook.com
error.png
The inbox is working correctly, as is outlook on line. Also my credentials do appear to check out ok.

Regards
Tony
error.png
Attachments
Mail_2023_03_01_09_33_26.log
(388.71 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
TonyN

(Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5)
CraigS26
Guru

Re: Unable to send from outlook

Post by CraigS26 »

I've been through this and had to convert my Hotmail (outlook.com) to Exchange protocol - saw similar posts in other Forums BUT never a fix ack'd for non-Exchange setup. Delete current EPIM Acct / New/ Account .... and build back Selecting Outlook.com & I think Exchange Option was after Clk'ing IMAP. It was Non-intuitive to me so I stumbled my way to Exchange after admin suggested that route.

https://www.essentialpim.com/forum/view ... 39#p128039
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
Tonyn
Novice

Post by Tonyn »

Hi CraigS26
Thanks for the information, I tried setting up as Exchange and all my sent emails just looped back to me.
I'm not impressed with EPIM's recent issues with Outlook as I had other issues last year. Will stick with GMail as my prime and just use Outlook on my phone.
Thanks again
TonyN

(Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5)
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

Tonyn wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:16 pm Hi CraigS26
Thanks for the information, I tried setting up as Exchange and all my sent emails just looped back to me.
I'm not impressed with EPIM's recent issues with Outlook as I had other issues last year. Will stick with GMail as my prime and just use Outlook on my phone.
Thanks again
>>> Happy to have tried!!

From my other Thread here about Exchange experiences
...... I say all this because when I DELETE Hotmail emails I'm having 2-3 cycles of them going to Deleted Items, delete them, they go to DRAFTS, delete from there, back to Deleting from Deleted Items, and last time they THEN went to SPAM. If I open the Deleted Items Folder after Deleting them they can Re-load back there again.

I have a Sppt Tkt started ..... They're great about helping so we'll see IF it's anything they can control.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
Tonyn
Novice

Post by Tonyn »

Agree, very confusing
Thanks
TonyN

(Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5)
Lizzie
Novice

Post by Lizzie »

Also unable to send from outlook for weeks. Credentials seem ok. I've lost hours trying to fix it (and got in trouble a couple of times when I forgot I couldn't send and people asked me why I wasn't answering)

Outlook has been my main account for over 30 years... I can't keep using EPIM if it can't connect reliably with outlook.com (also had problem with EPIM skipping at least 1 folder in my Inbox)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The problem is on the Microsoft's side, see here: viewtopic.php?p=128150#p128150
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Update: the issue appears to have been resolved now.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:47 am Update: the issue appears to have been resolved now.
EDIT 4/13... All still OK with IMAP return and Deletes stay Deleted, no re-loads. Also, Copy to another Folder failed prior BUT works now. All appears normal again.....
Thanks.
I changed back to IMAP from Exchange and sent a Good Test msg without prior Authentication popups mentioned.
Deleted Items had weeks old emails I had Deleted prior, but once I deleted them they did not return as experienced with Exchange. At least Exchange evolved to staying Deleted (mostly) after the 2nd try.
Fingers crossed....