Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

simplynewt
Novice

Re: Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Post by simplynewt »

Maybe I will have better luck getting a reply here ... Unable to sync my laptop with my phone. See below.

- EssentialPIM full version and edition number. (EPIM Pro Portable 11.0.4 )
- Other software (if involved) full version and bit number. (None)
- Windows version number. Example: "Windows 10" (Windows 11 Home Edition)
- system where you are synchronizing with (Android)
- modules you are synchronizing (Today, Mail, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Contacts, & Trash)
- type of synchronisation (Two Way)
EPIM mobile version number (EPIM Pro 6.0.2)
- System and version of your tablet or smartphone (Android 12 on Galaxy Note 10+)

That seems to cover all the questions that are asked of me in order to get a reply. I am unable to sync from laptop to phone or phone to laptop. When I get online I am unable to sync from laptop to cloud, phone to cloud, cloud to phone, or cloud to laptop. I finally got into the cloud yesterday when the username and password was finally emailed to me for logging into the cloud.

Look, I just want to get what I paid for. To sync my laptop with my phone and vice versa. I know you guys are busy and I appreciate the efforts everyone is making but could someone please help me out here?
XineBBSA
Expert

Post by XineBBSA »

simplynewt wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:55 pm Maybe I will have better luck getting a reply here ... Unable to sync my laptop with my phone. See below.

- EssentialPIM full version and edition number. (EPIM Pro Portable 11.0.4 )
- Other software (if involved) full version and bit number. (None)
- Windows version number. Example: "Windows 10" (Windows 11 Home Edition)
- system where you are synchronizing with (Android)
- modules you are synchronizing (Today, Mail, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Contacts, & Trash)
- type of synchronisation (Two Way)
EPIM mobile version number (EPIM Pro 6.0.2)
- System and version of your tablet or smartphone (Android 12 on Galaxy Note 10+)

That seems to cover all the questions that are asked of me in order to get a reply. I am unable to sync from laptop to phone or phone to laptop. When I get online I am unable to sync from laptop to cloud, phone to cloud, cloud to phone, or cloud to laptop. I finally got into the cloud yesterday when the username and password was finally emailed to me for logging into the cloud.

Look, I just want to get what I paid for. To sync my laptop with my phone and vice versa. I know you guys are busy and I appreciate the efforts everyone is making but could someone please help me out here?

Hi,

Did you forward them the log files? This is what they are asking for in every instance.

Cheers

xine
epuhzgis
Novice

deleted calendar items from Epim piles up on google calendar

Post by epuhzgis »

I am wits' end. I cannot fathom why this is happening. I tried everything I can think of....

When I delete events/appointments in Epim calendar and sync with Google, it doesn't delete them. Deleted events piling up on my google calendar.
When I delete same event in iphone's calendar, it sync and deletes the event from google calendar.
And, a couple of sync later (I set it every 10min), the deleted even shows up again on my Epim (apparently, sync from google back to epim)

Latest Epim Pro on windows 10, syncing with google calendar, 2 ways.
Of course, "sync deletion" check box is checked.

what I did so far

1) uninstalled epim program with revo uninstaller, deleted registry keys, deleted all the folders, restart the PC, reinstalled epim
2) setting up and sync with new google account/calendar
3) setting up new epim database
4) ""clear synchronization data" from database management of Epim.
5) creating new "calendar" inside google calendar and then creat new event in epim and delete inside epim, then sync -> even stays in google calendar
6) try above in different PC (serious. 2 of my PC has same issues. How?)
7) I even uninstall -> restart windows -> and installed microsoft store version of epim. Still the same.
8) toggle check mark of "sync deletion"
9) delete sync and ste up again

It just doesn't matter. I have no idea how??? As if there's some hidden setting in both google calendar and my 2 PC which prevents events from deleted inside Google calendar.

Do I have ghost in my PC?
Are my Google accounts haunted?

I am sure you cannot reproduce at your end but is there any way to figure out what's going on and fix this?
Thank you so much from bottom of my heart.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please forward us the sync log file. It can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse... and its filename should start with "GoogleSync". Also mention the event's name that wasn't deleted during sync.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
littlebigman
Guru

Post by littlebigman »

Major bug noticed in (free) 11.0.4: When syncing, all the carriage returns in tasks' notes are removed!
23766A12-2AAF-4A58-B9AF-3B164C24824E.png
--
Edit: Fixed after upgrading to the latest release (11.1).

--
Edit: Nope, the bug's still there in 11.1.

All CRLF's in tasks' note are removed.

At this point, I can no longer sync because of that :-/
BF423677-1957-41F7-ACAC-9F97F3B910B4.png
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is related to AEPIM, no to WinEPIM. And the issue has been fixed with the release of Android EPIM 6.0.7. Please update.
fabsei137

Post by fabsei137 »

So for a couple weeks now my synchronization between PC und Android is failing.
I've been waiting for an update that deals with that, but decided to share the error now.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'long java.lang.Long.longValue()' on a null object reference
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.EventsManager.d(SourceFile:2)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.EventsManager.editEvents(SourceFile:7)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.CommandManager.l(SourceFile:12)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.managers.CommandManager.processXMLCommand(SourceFile:63)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.models.AndroidClient.processNextMessage(SourceFile:5)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.models.AndroidClient.access$1100(Unknown Source:0)
at com.astonsoft.android.epimsync.models.AndroidClient$2.run(SourceFile:28)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is a known issue (viewtopic.php?t=37629), we're working on it. Thanks!
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

Since this is a synchronization issue I'll ask here. I have two way sync setup with my Google accounts, mail, contacts, etc. I've noticed that quite often if I make a change to contacts outside EPIM (add, delete, edit via web, phone, etc.) I'll get sync issues like this:

2023-03-20 09_34_54-Clipboard.png

I have to reverse the arrows to make them sync from Google and then they (usually but not always) go away. However, the warnings are always about contacts I've not touched, just apparently at random.

Is there a way to make EPIM just silently accept and sync whatever Google has online?* There's no need for these warnings.

*However, I don't want to disable sync from EPIM to Google, just make it silent.

Windows 11, EPIM 11.2.5 but this issue was present in 11.2.4 as well

Thanks.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This shouldn't be normally happening. We'd need to see the sync log files to be able to tell more. The logs can be found here: Tools->Options, "Logs Folder" and their filenames should start with "GoogleSync". Forward them to us next time your experience the issue.
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

It happened again this morning, but I assume you'll need the logs written right at that time so I'll wait until I see it again.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
hmb
Novice

Post by hmb »

I will add this to the pile here...

Started having a problem with my email POP service after installing the latest EPIM. I have 3 email accounts with them and two seem to work correctly but one locks up and randomly stop downloading new new emails. I can go to my provider (Time Warner) and all the new emails are visible. If I restart EPIM and click Send/Receive again usually works.

I have also had the problem that I can not close EPIM - it just ignores the exit request. I need to go to Task Manager and close it from there - this is really ugly.
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

I've occasionally had trouble closing it as well, but it's been only a time or two. Then again, I don't shut down at night very often, so ...
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
lphilpot
Guru

Post by lphilpot »

Just noticed now EVERY Google contact has been duplicated... Also, all my groups (labels) are empty.

No idea when or how this happened, but I tell you what - It's pretty coincidental that while I'm having issues with EPIM synchronization, I'm also having issues like this with my Google contacts (which I've not otherwise touched aside from editing an isolated contact here and there).

Fortunately Google's 'merge contacts' functionality will hopefully take care of the duplicates and also fortunately I've not been using my groups too much lately. Good thing since they're empty now.

>>> UPDATE <<<

I noticed while I was updating contact group memberships online at Google, EPIM apparently was trying to sync and my group assignments were being deleted... huh??

I've apparently got serious Google sync corruption in EPIM. I see column names in my Contacts populated with verbiage from the internals of individual contacts. For example (some details obfuscated for privacy):
2023-03-27 22_02_35-Clipboard.png
Those strings of text are from comments inside individual contacts. They are not legit columns, but they're displayed as columns.

I totally deleted and recreate both of my Google syncs and set them up to sync only from Google to EPIM. In doing so, somehow I ended up with duplicate email accounts, so I had to delete the duplicates (and by the way, there's no way to tell which is new or old).

Assuming I won't be editing any contacts in EPIM, do I need to enable Sync deletions? That is, if I don't enable sync deletions and sync only from Google to EPIM, will contacts deleted at Google get also deleted in EPIM as well? Or do I need to enable it to "match" deletions at Google? I just want to make sure EPIM mirrors Google completely, but not the other way around. EPIM should read and match Google only, not write nor change it.

Some of my contacts have been deleted. I had a series of email addresses for mailing lists, all of which were named "[maillist] Whatever Support". Every one of those contacts are gone. Some out-of-town doctor contact information has been deleted. I'll have to call them and get all that again. Nothing but Google and EPIM have been "touching" my contacts. I'm sorry if I sound upset but this is aggravating at a minimum. If these sync issues can't be fixed, I'll have no alternative but to do away with EPIM. I can't afford to have it deleting my information.
---
Len Philpot
My Flickr photostream
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. We need to see sync log files in order to be able to understand what happened.
2. If the "sync deletions" will not be enabled, no deletions are going to happen in EPIM.
3. All the removed items should be in Trash in EPIM.