How to resend an email ?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

surya
Novice

How to resend an email ?

Post by surya »

Hi,
On One day I send an email to all of my sub-ordinates under me.
After 1 week, I need to resend the same to all of them with a reminder note typed above my original email.
Now after sending the email, it comes to sent folder.
How do I take the same email and resend it again.?
I tried copying it to outbox. Sometimes for some emails, it works, for some it does not work.
When it works, it allows me to enter additional text to previous email content in the body of the message.
What could be the problem and how can I solve it.
--
Regards,
Surya
India
+9010420462
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to resend an email ?

Post by admin »

Right click on such a message in the Sent Items folder and choose the "Reply to All" option (or click on the corresponding button from the toolbar).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
surya
Novice

Post by surya »

I think a better solution does exist. Just right click it and do a forward. Then the new "to be forwarded email " opens up . copy all the addresses from the body of the message, to the respective fields in the header fields and delete the older address info in the body of the message. It then becomes afresh.
In another email client -"The Bat!" from Ritlabs.com, I can select the email and copy it into outbox from the right click context menu- which then would copy to the outbox directly without fail - how many times, you may do it. I then go to the outbox to find an exact replica of the same email which I wanted to re-send. I can then click send or edit it and send it.
Somehow I feel intuitively, (in 11.2.5 version which i am using)- this is the way it is supposed to work but does not seem to work.

How was the specification for implementation of this feature ? Because it works sometimes and does not, at other times which is baffling.

The more I see your product which is so enticing in its features to store information, uses an RDBMS at the back end, has TODO, Appointment, Calendering, Email client features - but with bugs here and there, the more I am thinking of starting to code a similar piece of software in Java. Just thinking inside myself everytime I use your software. Yeah it takes a few years probably to implement all the features as I work solo.

Anyway, Please let me know how you have thought about in the specification as to how this feature should work.
--
Regards,
Surya, India
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The best way to do that at the moment would be to use the Reply All option, which I described above. Will check the issue with copying email from Sent Items into Outbox.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!