(Solved) 11.2.3 & 4 - Hotmail - Authentication Unsuccessful

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

CraigS26
Guru

(Solved) 11.2.3 & 4 - Hotmail - Authentication Unsuccessful

Post by CraigS26 »

EDIT 2-7-23: An Outlook Problem was Ack'd by MS BUT later declared -- Resolved -- and No Change in my Authentication failure VIA EPIM HOTMAIL SEND.
Online -- outlook.mail.com -- SENDS & RECVS OK.

11.2.4 ....
Saturday 2/4 I started getting this --AUTHENTICATION Error in EPIM -- with No Idea Why. RECEIVES in EPIM... The ERROR SITE CANNOT BE FOUND when Clk'd.....
11.2.3 DID SAME after an Image Restore.... Multi-Re-Authorize attempts = No help / EPIM froze 2-3 times Saturday when MS Re-Authorize Popup showed BUT THAT cleared-up ....

Can SEND Hotmail via Login to -- outlook.live.com -- Saturday 3 Online SENDs went to Drafts and THEN I could Send from there = wonky.
Today Sunday -- Online Hotmail (Outlook) SEND -- worked immediately -- EPIM Error continues....

JUST looking for AUTHENTICATION Trouble-shooting Ideas as it May Not Be EPIM because of Saturday Online Send to Draft issue - Even though That Glitch has disappeared Sunday and is OK on 2/9.

Thanks for any thoughts ....

Mail_2023_02_05_07_10_31.log
(236.83 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Mail_2023_02_04_14_09_11.log
(43.86 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Mail_2023_02_04_14_20_29.log
(76.71 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
2-4-23 HOTMAIL CANNOT SEND ERROR.jpg
Last edited by CraigS26 on Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
admin
Site Admin

Re: 11.2.3 & 4 - Hotmail - Authentication Unsuccessful

Post by admin »

If you continue having this error message, I'd suggest you to remove and then re-create your mail account.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

EDIT 2-7-23: An Outlook Problem WAS ack'd by MS for many users BUT -- Issue Resolved -- declaration did NOT Change my -- Authentication Unsuccessful - problem....
https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

I'd suggest you to remove and then re-create your mail account.
Thanks.... No good .... Vs SMTP OAuth I Even tried the old Server -- smtp.mail.att.net and it got.... Not Available.

Just SENT OK a Test Msg from Online -- outlook.live.com -- Hotmail ..... acct Logging IN with Same Password I Re-Authorize with via EPIM.
Authentication Popup returns each time.

Via -- Login History in MY MS ACCT -- I was to Send a Code that never came. Clk'd Don't have any of these to See What Happens and it offered Use of My Recovery Code.
After going thru use of the MS Recovery Code to (allegedly) Re-authorize my Acct & Password, I was given a new Recovery Code after finish BUT NOW each Acct & Password entry for any Module like Security wants a Verify Myself with a CODE That MS never sends to my Gmail Acct.
Only got a Code when first using the Recovery Code BUT no Codes after.
MS is maybe trying to run me off.

I'll pursue in other Forums. MANY THANKS.
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

Just now .... Win 10 Mail for Hotmail Showed -- Hotmail Settings Need Attention - AND - the FIX Command ---- Allowed a Stuck Test Email to SEND and BE RECVD in EPIM Gmail acct.
New, 2nd EPIM DB with Hotmail Send got -- Authentication Unsuccessful -- as did prior Delete Hotmail Acct / Re-create in EPIM with DB #1.

Online Hotmail -- outlook.mail.com -- SENDS & RECVS OK.
Gmail would Not SEND today Until I did a Re-Authorize (had the 10060 Socket Error UNTIL Re-Auth) ....

IF Prior Hotmail Setup -- in Win 10 Mail -- Worked Again for SEND-- ONLY AFTER a SETTINGS Change by the App today - - AND EPIM Does ALL of the Server data Setup entries (I CANNOT edit Server data) IS there Any Chance EPIM Outlook (Hotmail) Settings are now Incorrect?

Thanks for any clarification OR more suggestions!!
Mail_2023_02_09_11_30_20.log
(54.81 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, not sure I fully understand what's the problem now going through your last message. If you have the "Authentication unsuccessful" error for your Hotmail account, simply sync your DB over to the new one using EPIM Sync, it's going to work then. Thanks.
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 am Sorry, not sure I fully understand what's the problem now going through your last message. If you have the "Authentication unsuccessful" error for your Hotmail account, simply sync your DB over to the new one using EPIM Sync, it's going to work then. Thanks.
I Sync'd Old DB to NEW DB and SAME -- Authentication Unsuccessful -- popup As In Post #1....
Re-Authorized from New DB Hotmail Server Tab = No Help.

My point in the Last Post is that Win 10 Mail would Not SEND a Hotmail email UNTIL something was FIXED by the App.
After Fix, Win 10 Hotmail Email was SENT.
Thinking EPIM has some Outlook (Hotmail) Settings that may need to be Fixed, as well, since the New Acct Wizard -- Controls All Server Data Entries -- for New Accounts in EPIM..
With Hotmail SEND - RECEIVE -- OK -- ONLINE (outlook.live.com) I see NO PLACE Online or in EPIM app for me to make Edits in Hotmail to Help myself.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We don't use any third-party settings. Try to create a new DB and then add your account into it. Will it work then?
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:31 pm We don't use any third-party settings. Try to create a new DB and then add your account into it. Will it work then?
2nd Sentence of my last post = New, 2nd EPIM DB with Hotmail Send got -- Authentication Unsuccessful -- as did prior Delete Hotmail Acct / Re-create in EPIM with DB #1.

IF EPIM doesn't periodically have to adjust Outlook-Hotmail Server Settings that the Wizard uses - IF they're changed by MS - THEN I guess I'm screwed.
I'll make a list of all accounts I've got to change ASSUMING I give up and go to Gmail, and slowly start moving from Hotmail.....

Thanks!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let us analyze this issue first, I'll come back with more info soon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It seems the problem is on MS's side: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answe ... by=helpful
Hope they'll be able to deal with it soon.

As for now you can re-create your Outlook account and choose Exchange as the server type, then sending will work.
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:24 am It seems the problem is on MS's side: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answe ... by=helpful
Hope they'll be able to deal with it soon.

As for now you can re-create your Outlook account and choose Exchange as the server type, then sending will work.
THANK YOU!!
A little confusing as an Outlook Status Site has shown All OK for a couple of days, BUT a post on 2/10 indicate the Same Problem for them.
https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Reading of Exchange I see All are stored on a Server too BUT it's NOT clear to me what happens -- after converting to Exchange -- When they Fix the SMTP OAuth and I Return to an IMAP Acct setup in EPIM ... What happens with All of the Exchange Server Emails as to migrating Over to the Re-constructed IMAP Acct in EPIM.

I'll Limp along and Convert to Exchange IF this really drags out.
Thanks Again....

Oh, Less important BUT a -- GMAIL Email -- SENT from EPIM shows the Sent Folder Increases the Count by one, BUT When you clk the SENT Folder, the Count Number Reduces back to Before and NO SENT Email appears.
They were going to All Mail, but now No SENT Email is found in EPIM.
In ONLINE GMAIL, the SENT Email Shows Correctly & is RECVD at Target.
FYI .....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nothing should happen with the email messages when switching between different mail protocols. Emails are stored on the server and you simply change the way of accessing them.

About your Gmail account - we couldn't reproduce the problem. Was the account added in EPIM 11.2.x or sometime earlier?
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:27 pm About your Gmail account - we couldn't reproduce the problem. Was the account added in EPIM 11.2.x or sometime earlier?
THANKS for Exchange clarification. Will convert today.

Gmail installed in EPIM 2+ years ago and, though previously more of a BkUp App, has been OK til Now.
About time of new Hotmail issue I had to do a Re-Authorize for Gmail as IT Stopped SENDS.
Re-Authorize EPIM fixed Send for Gmail.
IF Sent disappearing issue Not so for you, disregard .....

Thanks again!
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

First Hotmail SEND after conversion to -- Exchange -- protocol went OK .... took awhile for it to Show in SENT but success.

IF anyone converts to Exchange it's-- via Outlook.com -- choice -- & I think Exchange was a later Choice Clk after clk'ing IMAP.
I first saw -- Office365, Exchange -- in early popup and thought THAT Exchange was a stand-alone choice (not with 365) and the route to take. No harm, No foul ....
FYI & THANKS again for the HELP!!