OAuth2 authorization error

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kat55

OAuth2 authorization error

Post by kat55 »

I am getting a "OAuth2 authorization error" message on my default account, and when I try to reauthorize I get the message "Access blocked: EssentialPIM's request is invalid". I have not made any changes to any of the settings, and it was working fine yesterday. One of my sub-accounts is still working both incoming and outgoing, and has basically the same server settings as the default account. Could you please let me know how to fix this, I have tried several things I found on other peoples support requests but nothing seems to work. I am not very knowledgeable about the whole email settings thing so please type slowly using small words. Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: OAuth2 authorization error

Post by admin »

Which service the account is for? And please mention your EPIM version number.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kat55

Post by kat55 »

The account is for Gsuite email. I am on version 11.2.4
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, try to re-authorize your account (click on Tools->Account Settings, choose your gmail account, click on the Edit button, then on the Server Settings tab and then on the Re-authorize button). Let me know if it helped.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kat55

Post by kat55 »

Admin, thank you very much, the reauthorization worked just like magic! I appreciate you guys (or girls) that look at all these posts and help people like me out. I probably would have wasted two days working on this and still not had it working....just based on previous experience with other computer based mishaps. Thanks again!
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

A big thank you to both kat55 and admin. I had changed my Gmail password and started receiving the error. A search of the support site popped this up and low and behold the resolution.
Thank You again.