Users Can't close Database

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

FrugalFred

Users Can't close Database

Post by FrugalFred »

Somehow after updating the program Users are unable to close the database. I can open and Close the database as the SYSDBA all day long but as soon as I open the database as a user and try to close it, I get an error that the user doesn't have permission. Since that user isn't disconnected from the database, I have to kill the Epim Process to attempt to get back on. Occasionally, I have to stop the Firebird service to get back on since it tells me I have more users than authorized. The error is a permissions error.
Exception class: EIBInterBaseRoleError
Exception message: no permission for read/select access to TABLE TODOLISTS.
Exception address: 00778FA1
The original setup is data file and firebird on a Win 2003 server. I have installed the latest Business edition on one computer with firebird and connected to it through the same network connect process from the same computer and the result is the same. That seems to have eliminated the 2003 Server connection. All this seemed to happen with the 11.1 Late December update.

Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Users Can't close Database

Post by admin »

Please update to the 11.2 series version and see if the problem is still there. If it is, forward us a screenshot with the error message.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
FrugalFred

Post by FrugalFred »

I have upgraded to the latest version and reinstalled both firebird and the Epim program. I have disabled Anti Virus and have looked for solutions to no avail. This happens with both my wife's computer and mine in the Business networked setup.
Attachments
Error.JPG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, will research the issue. I'll let you know if we need more info.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!