Custom Ringtone

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Doug W.
Novice

Custom Ringtone

Post by Doug W. »

Does EssentialPIM for Android support custom ringtones? If so, I could not find it. I was using Outlook on the desktop and VCOrganizer on my phone which supported this feature. I have a couple people that I created custom ringtones for. If I am busy, I ignore phone calls with the normal ringtone, but if my boss or big boss (wife) call who each had a different custom ringtone, I can choose to pick up the call.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom Ringtone

Post by admin »

No, not at the moment, unfortunately. We will explore implementation of such possibility. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Doug W.
Novice

Post by Doug W. »

I have to ask again, could you please support individual ringtone? Outlook with VCOrganizer supported this feature. I assigned my wife her own ringtone. I like to know she is calling without having to look at my phone. I also had a different ringtone for my manager, but now that I am retired it is not needed for work. The phone uses the built-in Contacts application. If I create a user in Contacts, then I can add a unique ringtone to that user. If EPIM adds the user to contacts, then I am not allowed to edit that contact, so I cannot add an individual ringtone. Your application would have to do it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Custom ringtones should be set in the system dialer as it's the app responsible for handling incoming calls.
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

This would be helpful for me as well.
I can set custom ringtones if I store contacts on my phone or if I use google contacts.
Contacts connected to AEPIM, on the other hand, do not allow it. Pity!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you choose to use EPIM system account for contacts, you should be able to set up custom ringtones for EPIM contacts in your Android dialer.