No Appointments, No Reminders

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Problematic
Experienced

Re: No Appointments, No Reminders

Post by Problematic »

It did not even take me a full month to carry out my threat to report the result...

I have determined that my copy of EPIM will not recognize any new entries. I had created two new ones, neither of which showed up. I then added two to the regular one that repeats on the first day of every month.

On 1 December, the repeating reminder showed up, but neither of the two new ones I had added for that day appeared.

Finally, I created one self-standing reminder for today, which did not appear.

What should I do to repair this malady?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you already tried moving your data into the new DB?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

No, shall do (some year, don't want to rush...).
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

Well, I would run the synchronizer were it in a language which I can read. The web site clearly shows the program to be in English, but when I install it is is equally clearly not in English. Why is this, and how do I get the English version of the program?

For that matter, if there happens to be a version in Anglo-Norman, the language of William the Conqueror, I could probably read that, given my academic background....
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

As the forum does not allow posting images from individual computers, here is what Snagit grabbed as the text of the program from a screenshot. I am surmising that his is Estonian, but as I don't speak either that nor its close relative, Finnish, am not certain. Curiously, the entire help file is in English.

o EPIM Synchronizer Filer Værktoj Hjælp
O Lokal Database O Netværksdatabase
Database fil: ^
Sync
>>
Database adgangskode: O Husk adgangskodt
<<
O Lokal Database O Netværksdatabase
Database fil:
Database adgangskode: O Husk adgangskodt
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It looks like Danish. Please see the image below where to click to change the app's language.
Attachments
2022-12-15_164516.png
2022-12-15_164516.png (8.95 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

The last Danish I had was cherry....

Thanks for pointing out how to change the language. I suppose that I might have found that had I started clicking, but that would have been much too easy. Danish is a North Germanic language, and I might have at least noticed the Germanic connection had I paid more attention, derived from Old Norse. There was one professor where I was getting my Master's, who would speak to himself in Old Norse, at least in the library, and to himself there being no one else at the university who spoke Old Norse.

What is also quite easy is to thank you for your reply. I shall likely get an email telling me that I have such; the only reason I found it was that I logged on to see if perhaps there were a thing.

Now that I can read the program, and along with the help files, see what transpires. I shall report when I get to actually using the synchronizer.
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

I created a new EPIM data file, then used the sync program to transfer the data from my older file to the new one. I then created two very short test appointments; neither of them appeared at the time set for that to take place. Changed the time for both twice, to see if anything worked.

The result: I have a new database with the same error as the previous data base. Next step?
Problematic
Experienced

Post by Problematic »

I shall write a dissertation, something I've not done for many years (but since the last one I have done a vast amount of writing of other documents), on how to waste time. It shall cover only one item: If you do not set the reminder time to 0 minutes, it shall remain on the default of no reminders. I don't know why I had not been doing that recently, I only know that the change causes my appointments to appear.

Again, thanks for the assistance..