6.0.5 - cannot create tasks

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
poet-man
Guru

6.0.5 - cannot create tasks

Post by poet-man »

Hi there,

I wanted to create a task for a day, with no time in it.
So in agenda calendar I tabbed on + and chose task (as I always did in former versions).
As I donot want to have a time, I deleted the date/time line and chose a date as usual. What appeared was that date and "00:00" as time. Tabbing on ok no task appears in calendar
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 6.0.5 - cannot create tasks

Post by admin »

Tasks cannot be shown in calendar without start or due dates. Once you erased the date/time, the Show in calendar option got disabled. You needed to enable it back in.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

So this is a new feature then? Or did I just not read a "what's new" info somewhere? Because it always worked, in the past.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It has always been like that.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Well - not being the youngest anymore, there are days of course, when I should better have stayed in bed ;)
And I always take into account, that 'today' might be one of these; seriously speaking.

However, as to the point we discuss here, I am quite sure, I rather often deleted the date/time line in a task, filled in the desired startdate, and the task appeared in calendar. So without turning off the show in calendar option and without having "00:00" as startime in there.
So "it has always been like that" doesnot correspond to my memories at all.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you disable date/time settings, the tasks cannot be shown in calendar, so it just couldn't have worked differently.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Sorry to say ... I still have tasks in my calender created in previous versions, showing begin date only. All of them were created in a certain way ... deleted date/time line, filled in begin date, saved the item and it was there in calendar (nothing changed in show in calendar option and no time/00:00 time there.

So this definitely has changed somewhen. Of course this has to be accepted and I can live with it. However, would have prevered to get any information on that.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm sure if you check out any AEPIM version prior to 6.x you'll find exactly the same behaviour as in 6.0.5. What I would suggest you to do is to not erase date/time completely but click on the time and choose None. In this case the switch to show tasks in calendars will stay active.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

If you check it out yourself, you will find that it HAS changed.
I've done this with v6.0 RC1 (you can do it with any former version also).
If you do, what I described, the show in calendar option turns off, as soon as you delete the line. But when you fill in a begin date, the option automatically turns on again and no time 00:00 appears.
So that is, what I tried to get through with all the time. In the past one could delete the line by one tab, define the date wanted and that's it.
Now the option does not turn on again, which has to be done by hand then, and one has to change time to None, as you suggest.
So this feature has changed, got more complicated and should return to the old way.
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting, will double check this and fix in the next update. Thanks for the extensive info, btw.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Glad I will find it back in order again. Maybe there can be possible instruments in action in developement processes in future to prevent unwanted changes, out of the blue, that only spoil lots of time and energy on all sides,, to finally get to tbe ground of the problem.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

@admin
Just tested 6.0.7 as to our discussion ...
Deleting the line turns off the show task in calender option, which remains off, when begin date is filled in!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This one didn't make it into the 6.0.7 version, unfortunately. Will attempt to include it in the next one.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

What DID make it into 6.0.7 is, that deleting the line and filling in begin date, will NOT let appear 00:00 as time (time field remains empty). This is as expected!