Date Improvements

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

danmichsr5497
Novice

Date Improvements

Post by danmichsr5497 »

The year 1900 is not acceptable in EssentialPIM. EssentialPIM Pro needs to fix this with their software or how they code. As it is right now it will not recognize like a date of September 15, 1900 and will only give 09/15 as a results. Other dates prior to 1900 you can add to contacts etc but will not calculate. There are allot of programs out there that have addressed this problem and have corrected it in their software. For some, a calculated field would work. Excel formulas and a free macros can fix this if Essential was to include a field for calculations. For Essential to give a response to me, DON'T USE THOSE DATES is not acceptable.

Extra module in the left for Inventory/Assets would make this a fantastic program which would include dollar value of items and other fields. Could be used for insurance purposes. Yes I know you can do some of those things in Memos or Passwords but the added module could be shown/not shown as well as Memos or Notes for those that don't use them.

I have purchased the lifetime for this software and have till the end of the month to ask for the refund.

Thanks
Max
Site Admin

Re: Date Improvements

Post by Max »

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion. Can you give real-life examples of when using 1900 year would be needed?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
danmichsr5497
Novice

Post by danmichsr5497 »

Yes, not only do I have my family that is alive we wanted to include relatives that have passed. At what age they died and what was the cause. The calculated field would tell me at what age they married/died. Without the calculation field I could do the manual work for that since it only has to be done once for each passed relatives. I think others might have other reasons but to say dont use THOSE dates isn't right.

Even without all of that Essential should work to show age as 28.6 in FIELD while in list view.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, we will consider the suggestion.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
jsc
Guru

Post by jsc »

Add me to the list of people who would like calculated fields, esp. something like an age or anniversary from the current date at least.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please elaborate more about your suggestion as I'm not sure if it's related to the suggestion from the opening post.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!