error messages in AEPIM

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Scott McCairns
Novice

error messages in AEPIM

Post by Scott McCairns »

Currently time-out or other error messages associated with synchronizations are rather ephemeral, at least on the AEPIM application: they very discretely appear on the AEPIM interface and disappear after only a few seconds. The upshot is that if you are not staring at the bloody phone while the sync is progressing, you are likely to miss any indication that the sync was not successful. This will also mean that any events/tasks added to AEPIM will not be uploaded to your cloud account and could result in lost entries.

I would recommend that error messages appear similar to event reminders, as a form of pop-up that must be actively closed by the user. This way we can at least be aware that there is a potential problem and take mitigating steps.

Given that synchronization errors are likely to be a persistent problem as Cloud services continue to grow, I think this should be an essential change in subsequent AEPIM updates. Personally I would rather be aware of a potential problem than have to chase after technical assistance for missing data.
admin
Site Admin

Re: error messages in AEPIM

Post by admin »

Thank you, noted.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!