(First) Sync works only partly, excluding Calendar module

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
kiro
Novice

(First) Sync works only partly, excluding Calendar module

Post by kiro »

EPIM Win PRO 11.0.3
EPIM Android 6.0.1

I'm syncing successfully between Win and Android for many years, and I'm happy with EPIM!

Now, new mobile device, first synchronization causes problem: Sync works fine, but only partly:
I will sync Notes and Calendar modules, Notes sync woks fine, but Calendar sync process is ready after a millisecond - and won't be done. Calendar on Andoid is empty.
After that, in EPIM Win there is an new, second Calendar checkbox (top left in the new tree) named as my Android - but is also empty.

Thanks in advance!
Houstonian

Re: (First) Sync works only partly, excluding Calendar module

Post by Houstonian »

I am having the exact same problem, except I've noted that if you have an existing sync profile then the sync works fine. If you create a new sync profile in 11.0.3, then this problem manifests itself. What started my problems is that I bought two new Android devices and this is how I got in this situation. Since I bought a new Motorola phone, I deleted my old Motorola phone profile so I would confuse the two devices. As an experiment, I got the old Motorola phone out, created a new 11.0.3 sync profile, and when I did the sync all of the existing calendar entries were gone. I sent an e-mail to the Tech Support folks about this but I'm glad to see in the forum that I'm not the only person having this problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At the moment you can synchronize with a calendar that's under the account with your device's name. You can move all your events from the local calendar into it. And in the future keep using the new calendar. Or you can wait a bit till the new version of WinEPIM is released (probably during this week), where you will you able to select which WinEPIM calendar to sync with AEPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kiro
Novice

Post by kiro »

Thanks, admin – with the new WinEPIM V 11.0.4 it works fine👍