New multiple calendars feature: WEPIM vs AEPIM

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kdgdr
Guru

New multiple calendars feature: WEPIM vs AEPIM

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

Latest current version of AEPIM was released September 30th 2021 and does not support multiple calendars like current WEPIM R11 does.
How exactly is the new multiple calendars feature handled when syncing back and forth between WEPIM R11 and current AEPIM?
- If you have appointments in multiple calendars in WEPIM, what happens after syncing from WEPIM to AEPIM and then back again from AEPIM to WEPIM?
- When entering an appointment in AEPIM, how can you specify which calendar it should belong to in WEPIM after sync?
- etc.

Wanted to ask before upgrading to WEPIM R11 just to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin

Re: New multiple calendars feature: WEPIM vs AEPIM

Post by admin »

There will be a new calendar account created for your Android device. You'll be able to sync with calendar from that account only so far.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

The developers have borked calendar synchronising. You cannot sync your WinEPIM calendar with your Android calendar as you did before with this new version. When setting up a new synchronisation with your Android device a new calendar is created (Calendar 1) under the heading of your device (phone, tab, etc.) and you’ll have to sync with that one, even though it’s created blank because what you used to sync with is now regarded as WinEPIM’s Local Calendar. You’ll have to fill it (Calendar 1) with the items you want to sync with your Android devices first and then sync them. So, if like me you want to sync your Android phone and your Android tab calendars with your WinEPIM calendar, you’ll have to move all your entries around manually first and keep a sharp eye on what gets synchronised. Hopefully, this great idea in sync simplicity won’t catch on and the developers will leave the Password module, Notes module and Tasks module alone.
kdgdr
Guru

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

I don't want multiple accounts created on my Android and I don't want only part of my data to be synced between WEPIM and AEPIM, so I have the following question:

Does updating to WEPIM R11 create multiple accounts on your android if you don't create multiple calendars in R11?
  • If the answer is no, I will update from WEPIM R10 to WEPIM R11, but I will wait to create multiple calendars until a new AEPIM release allows multiple calendars without creating multiple accounts and thus syncs all my data between WEPIM and AEPIM.
  • If the answer is yes, I will keep using WEPIM R10 until such a new AEPIM release.
Thanks in advance for your answer!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AEPIM doesn't currently support multiple calendars so all your events from AEPIM will be synchronized with a single calendar in WinEPIM.
kdgdr
Guru

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

Now I don't understand anymore:
  • Initial post is about what happens if you sync between WEPIM R11 and AEPIM over wifi, considering the new multiple calender feature in WEPIM R11.
  • Answers dated Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:09 pm and Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:17 pm both indicate that new accounts will be created and that only data in those new accounts will be synced. I interpret this as: not all data will be synced over wifi between WEPIM and AEPIM (?)
  • Latest answer dated Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:42 am on the other hand suggests that all data will be synced over wifi between AEPIM and WEPIM except that all information will be in one EPIM calendar on the AEPIM side, since AEPIM doesn't have multiple calendars. No more mentions of accounts being created etc. ...
I'm obviously missing/misunderstanding something here, but I have no clue what it is.
Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AEPIM events are synchronized with WinEPIM events from a just single calendar. Starting with the new EPIM version you will be able to choose what that calendar is.
kdgdr
Guru

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,
admin wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:28 pm ... Starting with the new EPIM version you will be able to choose what that calendar is.
I just checked Google Play and saw that AEPIM 5.8.7 was released 4 days ago. Is that the "new EPIM version" you are referring to?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest AEPIM version is 6.0.1. I was referring to the new WinEPIM version in my previous post.