Window in background

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

Window in background

Post by poet-man »

Hi @all,

on my side (version 11.0.3 and earlier) some info windows stay in background (maybe others as well).

1) When a reminder for an event comes up (WinEPIM running, but focus on another software), I hear the tone, WinEPIM comes into foreground, but reminder window stays in background. I presume its the same even with WinEPIM in foreground.
2) When WinEPIM syncs to EPIMcloud, when program closes, the status window as to sync stays in background.

In both cases I can hover over the tasks in windows taskbar, but the contents of the tiny windows there donot contain any image to show what the task is about.

Any ideas whether this is subject to Windows or to WinEPIM?

Thanks
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Window in background

Post by admin »

This is by design. You can click on the Stay on top icon in the reminders window so that it's on top of other windows when a reminder comes up.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

I will do as to reminder ... thanks.
But what about status sync window? And what about windows in Windows task bar? That is something which has not been in past versions (unknown in version 9 at least)
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think we've already discussed that before. It's sort of in the background in order not to interfere with what user is doing at the moment.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

I donot agree at all!!!
Yes, discussed this before! Nevertheless it still is a irritating problem, having had a status window always visible, and suddenly starting with a certain program version, it dissapears in background and one has to search for it, to be able to see its content, morover not being able to see which of the icons in Windows task bar is the right one.
That cannot be a user friendly solution. Especially because it has been the other way round before!
Moreover, its not a question of interfering with what user does, when user closes program and wants to see status window content.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We know the majority of users do not need that kind of info and since we cannot please everyone, it works the way it works.