2 questions regarding V11 email module

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

paulg
Novice

2 questions regarding V11 email module

Post by paulg »

1) how do I turn off the letter icon superimposed over the numbers showing the number of new messages - I don't understand the point of that icon.

2) Sometimes new messages show in an insipid shade of blue/grey (very difficult to read on a white background) and sometimes they show in bold black - how do I get all new messages to show in bold black ( as V10)

I think most of the changes made in V11 (email module) seem to be totally pointless and just introduces unwanted visual distraction

Paul
Paul
--------------------------------
http://www.ipgphotography.com
----------------------------------
EssentialPim-Pro, Windows10 64bit
Steve Shank
Guru

Re: 2 questions regarding V11 email module

Post by Steve Shank »

I've never seen the letters superimposed over the numbers. Could you give us a picture of what you are seeing?

Is the the insipid blue/grey that you can't see? Or is it something else? If something else, then please include a picture.
new message.jpg
new message.jpg (4.27 KiB) Viewed 585 times
paulg
Novice

Post by paulg »

Hi Steve,
Sorry, I wasn't very clear it's not letters but letter - I was thinking letter in the post or envelope, anyway screenshot attached.
The colour seems to be a bug, either in the program or my system, if I click on a "blue/grey" colour and then click away without reading anything it goes back to bold black as it should be.

Also it would be good to go back to the wider navigation pane instead of just icons, is there an option for this anywhere?

Overall I much prefer V10 over V11 - are previous versions available to download anywhere?
Attachments
Clip_2.jpg
Paul
--------------------------------
http://www.ipgphotography.com
----------------------------------
EssentialPim-Pro, Windows10 64bit
CraigS26
Guru

Post by CraigS26 »

It has Always been that a New Email is in Bold Font UNTIL you -- 1-Clk On It -- OR Open it - Then it reverts to Non-bold black.

The dislike of Blue and the Envelope over the Number of Emails is just a personal thing - I see it fine over White as another alert for an un-read email & the envelope isn't an issue ... There are guys in the Firefox Forum who want (ie) a mod to Remove a 1 million'th mm white line between two sections, so it's not unusual these days to be particular. Just noticed that when you first hold the Cursor Over a New Email the data line does get a little darker shade; Pull cursor away and it's White again - not a problem for me.

You can't widen the Nav Pane via Cursor Drag and I'm wondering -- WHY there is that blue line to the left of the Calendar icon -- ; Makes me wonder IF some code malfunctioned. DO YOU HAVE IT, TOO?
7-17-22 NAV PANE PIC.jpg
7-17-22 NAV PANE PIC.jpg (24.73 KiB) Viewed 537 times
EPIM PRO LIFE 11.8.4 - Win 10 Pro - 22H2 --- ESET EIS Prem - Mbam Prem - Diskeeper Pro '15 - Macrium Pd v8
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

CraigS26,

The blue bar next to the Calendar icon is a visual aid, letting you know Calendar is the active module. Click on any of the other modules and you'll see the blue bar move accordingly.

Regards,
DG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

paulg, the blue-colored subject indicates new mail. Once the message isn't considered as new anymore it gets switched to black.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!