V 11 and Multiple Calendars

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

requiredusername
Guru

V 11 and Multiple Calendars

Post by requiredusername »

I'm excited. I've wanted multiple Calendars for years and now, I think, EPIM has met my desire.
But, how do I add multiple calendars. I have one for me. How do I add one for my wife? Can't find it in EPIM Search or Google.
a8907433
Guru

Re: V 11 and Multiple Calendars

Post by a8907433 »

On the left side you have the additional calendars- here, at the top are the local calendars. And by clicking right (just in empty space) in this additional calendar window, you can see "Add".
Attachments
EPIM.jpg
requiredusername
Guru

Thanks. I wasn't clear in my Question. I have found 'ADD' and have added a calendar. What I can't find is how to add the identifiers. For example, I should be able to add an email/username in my added calendar to a specific Google Calendar. How do I do that?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You'd first need to add synchronization with Google Calendar if I understood your request correctly.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
dream_weaver
Expert

Post by dream_weaver »

I looked earlier to see if "Calendar 1" and "Birthdays" appeared as options to select to synchronize with Googe Calendar, and did not notice them under the Options selection.

The option to create a calendar for each of EPIM categories exists, but not for "Calendar 1" and "Birthdays".
I had hoped this smight be an option.
Last edited by dream_weaver on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EssentialPIM Pro Lifetime member since July 12, 2020.
requiredusername
Guru

I interpret "Multiple Calendars" as the ability to have one calendar for work, one for family, and one for me - all listed separately in the left column. If I'm correct, I should be able to add a calendar to EPIM, enter the necessary username/password, and see and edit that calendar in EPIM.
If that is NOT true, then 'Multiple Calendars'" is not a feature. How do I add a calendar, or, am I misunderstanding?
grtaylor
Novice

Post by grtaylor »

My question is how I designate which local calendar do I link the Google sync calendar to ?
grtaylor
Novice

Post by grtaylor »

One more question is do we have the same checkboxes on the Android version?
requiredusername
Guru

OK, I've made progress. I have to create an account, check only the 'Calendar' box and hit OK. Then Sync.
Good news . . . one acct worked perfectly. The second throws a 'sync' error. How do I resolve that? How do I delete the acct and start over?
Next question. The accts I create don't appear in "Local Calendars,' but under 'Local Calendars.' How do I move them to 'Local Calendars?'
FYI, in the Menu bar, EDIT>CALENDARS is grayed out.
grtaylor
Novice

Post by grtaylor »

I have just discovered another problem. After I upgraded to v 11. I opened my regular database into v11 and saved the file. I also have a test file. Each time I try to open the test file the program freezes. What is the solution?
requiredusername
Guru

Making Progress. After adding an account, I right-click, go to Properties, and and change to Local Calendar.
Still have the same problem with a blank calendar with one account. Syncing results in "Access violation at address xxxxxxxxxx." How do I resolve this?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Local calendars will not be synchronized with Google. As for the error message, please see here:
viewtopic.php?p=124321#p124321
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!