EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

Re: EssentialPIM 11.0 Release Candidate

Post by poet-man »

As I said previous, sync status window (EPIMcloud-sync) which comes up at closing program is hidden.
You can see on screenshot how it looks like. And that EPIM icon is to be seen only. Clicking on small status window does bring it in foreground with correct content
Attachments
status1.png
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

- BUG -

I had already reported this problem for version 10.2 (viewtopic.php?t=36864) it sometimes occurred on a single task where text is replaced by random special characters.

I don't know if it depends on my PC or if it's an epim bug.

I opened a copy of my archive with the 11RC1 portable version and the same problem happened after a few days of testing, but this time on almost all float tasks, this is a big problem - screenshot attached.

Again, it occurs occasionally, when I open epim at the beginning of the day and tasks are moved.

Thanks.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

miira wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:25 am 1) In Calendar Week mode I cannot use mouse Drag & Paste (with ctrl).
2) In Calendar List mode it diplays blank page only.
@1) working for me
@2) same problem here. If I start EPIM it works every second try. But after a while of doing diffrent stuff it's the same blank page in the LIST Mode :/
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

The problem with "Autotype" seems to be solved. It occurs only, when I have EPIM V10 running and then start EPIM 11. When I start only EPIM 11 it works.
gjbth
Novice

Post by gjbth »

I am seeing the same behaviour as Texter when using Calendar in Agenda mode. If I start EssentialPIM in Agenda mode it works ok until I switch to a different view, then it just displays a blank page. If I start EssentialPIM in any other view, Agenda mode does not work at all, just displays a blank page.
Guru

Post by 1048576 »

Notes panel in Calendar has new too thick borders.
Attachments
2022-06-27_125049.png
2022-06-27_125049.png (11.24 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
EPIM Pro 11.8 Portable
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

a8907433, good to know, thanks for the update.

lorymax, how do you make the tasks look normal again?

Texter, gjbth, yep, that's a known issue, will be fixed in the next update.

1048576, unable to reproduce this, unfortunately. I guess a more detailed screenshot is needed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

admin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:05 pm
lorymax, how do you make the tasks look normal
I believe the only solution is to re-establish the previous version, one entry at a time. luckily in this case i used a copy of the original database to test epim 11 ... otherwise it would have been a problem!
gjbth
Novice

Post by gjbth »

I have a four monitor setup arranged as a semi circle, two in front and two at the side of me. I always have EssentialPIM running full screen on the far left monitor.

RC11 does not remember and honour the startup position when I shut down and restart the PC, or shut down and restart EssentialPIM. It always starts full screen on monitor No 1 directly in front of me and I have to manually drag it off to the left hand monitor. I never had this issue with version 10.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please attach a screenshot of your multiple displays settings.
gjbth
Novice

Post by gjbth »

esspim.png
The layout is a 27" Monitor to the left side in Landscape mode, a 27" Monitor in front in Landscape mode and two 24" Monitors to the right in portrait mode. I had EssentialPIM 10 to always start and display maximised on Monitor No1, which it always did.

EssentialPIM11 always starts maximised on Monitor No3, which as you see is set as the main display.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update, we weren't able to reproduce the issue on systems with 2 monitors. Let's see if we can find one with 3+ monitors. Could you please also check if the same is going to happen with the regular (installer) version of EPIM?
gjbth
Novice

Post by gjbth »

My apologies for the missing detail in my report. I am using the installed version of EssentialPIM 11 RC1 not the portable version.
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 os build 19044.1766.

Later today, when I get time, I will create a portable version of EssentialPIM and check if the behaviour is the same.

OK, just had two BSOD straight after each other. run chkdsk on all internal drives (which found and corrected many errors)
rebooted the PC now EssentialPIM is starting on the intended monitor as it used to under version 10.

I have exited and restarted several times and it still seems to be working OK.
Last edited by gjbth on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

lorymax wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:22 pm - BUG -

I had already reported this problem for version 10.2 (viewtopic.php?t=36864) it sometimes occurred on a single task where text is replaced by random special characters.

I opened a copy of my archive with the 11RC1 portable version and the same problem happened after a few days of testing, but this time on almost all float tasks, this is a big problem - screenshot attached.

Again, it occurs occasionally, when I open epim at the beginning of the day and tasks are moved.

Thanks.
Over the next few days, I re-opened a copy of the original database and it worked fine.

It happens as for EPIM 10 - the problem occurs occasionally.

I specify that I use the 10.2.1 PRO version installed on Windows 10 and I have tried the 11.0 RC1 PRO on the same PC in portable version.

Thanks
lorymax
Guru

Post by lorymax »

lorymax wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:22 pm - BUG -

Thanks.
I'll tell you again this detail that could be useful to you.

I'm not sure, but it could be that the problem occurs after closing epim by leaving the "cusomized wiew bar" filters activated in the tasks and reopening it the next day.

Closing EPIM with active filters, in any case creates problems.
For example, after reopening the software, the filters remain permanently active in the "Task" Sidebar, even after having deactivated them from the task panel. Everything returns to normal by closing EPIM with the filters disabled and restarting it.

Have you also noticed this problem?

Thank you.