Tasks not in calender but as daily task list below

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

dngr

Tasks not in calender but as daily task list below

Post by dngr »

As another "big player PIM software" has implemented, it would be nice to show the list of due tasks below each day in daily or weekly calender View.
Also it would be helpful if you can easily add tasks in this list and move tasks by drag & drop from one day to another.

I use this function at work on the competitors software and like to have calender and task list on one few and can add quickly ask to the day.

Showing tasks in calender is not a feature I find very useful, but having tasks seperately shown in the list without mixing tasks and meetings in the calender would be helpful
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tasks not in calender but as daily task list below

Post by admin »

Are you on EPIM 10.x? If so, please try to enable the Tasks Bar from the View menu. Would it be something close to what you were looking for?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
dngr

Post by dngr »

It is nearly what I meant. Only that all tasks with due Date on Monday are shown in a list below mondays calender and so on for all the other days instead of having one list at the side.

When I then add tasks for example in the Monday list the due date will automatically be set for the monday.
This only works for one task list. Perhaps you can set a default task list or you can define it in the set up.

To show you an exampe look here in the middle of the page you can find a sample picture
https://www.michaellinenberger.com/blog ... ook-ahead/

Also the following two options are interesting for me

1. it would be a helpful feature if all tasks with an older due date (all overdue tasks) will be shown on the current date.
use this feature on my workside computer to plan my days tasks and everything I did not finish on one day will automatically swap over
to the next day.

2. E-Mails that are marked for review should be made visible to the task list also
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see what you mean now, thanks for the detailed explanation and for the sample pic. That's an interesting concept, will surely explore it more.

As for 2 of your other suggestions:
1. This is available, just make sure to mark a task as Floating one.
2. Got it, thanks. As a workaround you can now right click on an email and choose to convert it to a task.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
dngr

Post by dngr »

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I am following the development of essential PIM from the very beginning on and I am happy what a powerful tool it has become in the last years.
Many Workflows have been improved bit by bit and the willingness to further improve the tool is outstanding. Thank you for your work