Consolidated view: preserve parent task during drag and drop

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

bigred
Novice

Consolidated view: preserve parent task during drag and drop

Post by bigred »

It would be great to be able to change the order of tasks in each section of the consolidated view by applying drag and drop to a task without losing the entry in the task's parent task field. For example, in the OVERDUE section of the consolidated view (grouped by Due Date), I would like to be able to drag a task from, say, the middle of the third screen to near the top of the OVERDUE list without causing the entry in the parent task field to be deleted from the task.

Currently the only way I know to change the position of a task in a section of the consolidated screen and preserve the parent task is with Move Up and Move Down. This becomes very tedious if there are a lot of changes needed, which happens frequently in my normal usage of EPIM Pro because the top 15 to 20 items in the OVERDUE section become my To Do list for the day. I therefore use drag and drop a lot because it's much faster, even though it almost always causes the parent task to be deleted and so I have to look up and remember the parent task first and then add the parent task back in when the drop has been completed. It seems to be an unnecessary complication to have to reenter the parent task every time a task is repositioned. Could this apparent glitch be corrected?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Consolidated view: preserve parent task during drag and drop

Post by admin »

Please make a short video demonstrating the suggestion so that we could understand it better. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bigred
Novice

Re: Consolidated view: preserve parent task during drag and drop

Post by bigred »

Please bear with me while I learn to screen record in Windows 10. Should be interesting.