EPIMcloud: Sync status dialog

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

EPIMcloud: Sync status dialog

Post by poet-man »

Hi there,
I used to sync at program exit only. This always opened a status info window.
Now I sync at program start and every xy minutes also. There is no info on screen to tell me, that sync is going on. At least I didnot discover one.
Does it show me somehow?

Thanks.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIMcloud: Sync status dialog

Post by admin »

Sync happens automatically in the background and the sync status window is only shown when/if there's any issues during the process.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

So this seems inconsistant to the sync process when closing program. There status window is shown every time. When syncing at program start and nothing at all shows that this process really happens, this - in my eyes - is irritating. I DO want to know, what is going on. At least there should be a possibility to set an option. I feel somehow uncertain when I cannot really say if something happened or not.
My opinion ...
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you close EPIM, it cannot be closed instantly as it needs to sync up its data first, hence the sync status window to notify you about the progress. In all other occasions if all works properly, no status window is needed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!