Two windows or instances for moving data between modules

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

bobmac1547
Guru

Two windows or instances for moving data between modules

Post by bobmac1547 »

I want to attach (not link) many email messages to specific contacts. I say attach rather than link so that I can then delete them from the email.

However, I don't see how I can have the email and contact modules open simultaneously to easily accomplish this task.

I tried to open a second instance of the same database, however a message popped up indicating that the database was already open. When I tried to shift+click to open a second instance of EPIM, a warning came up about sync issues with opening the same database twice. After clicking OK, a blank window opened and then hung. Had to end task with Task Manager.

Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
Rose Ford
Guru

Re: Two windows or instances for moving data between modules

Post by Rose Ford »

bobmac1547 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:34 pm I want to attach (not link) many email messages to specific contacts. I say attach rather than link so that I can then delete them from the email.

However, I don't see how I can have the email and contact modules open simultaneously to easily accomplish this task.

I tried to open a second instance of the same database, however a message popped up indicating that the database was already open. When I tried to shift+click to open a second instance of EPIM, a warning came up about sync issues with opening the same database twice. After clicking OK, a blank window opened and then hung. Had to end task with Task Manager.

Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?
What I do is drag the email from EPIM to either my desktop, or a folder on my desktop.

Than delete the email, than drag the email from the desktop or folder into the note and attach them as files.
Chris17
Novice

Post by Chris17 »

EPIM is a universal tool which helps really to stay informed about ones projects and tasks. For this, ist is necessary to link emails, tasks, contcts, to use passwords and so on. P.e. to deal with an incoming email You have to find the affiliated task and perhaps to make a link to this mail and to note a resulting action. Than You may have to look on a website and You need your login-data. After that, You will give a reply to the email. And perhaps make a link on it in the tast too.
In a word: you may have numerous changes between modules for dealing with one event. And each time it spends time to look how the window builds up. And to search again affiliated items... in each module each time.
Will it be possible to have each module in a separate tab or to have a cache for each window so that all windows stay as You leaved them?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There's a plan to allow EPIM modules to act as independent windows within the main program's space.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!