Laurent C.
Guru

Re: EPIM integration with Antidote, the write cure

Post by Laurent C. »

SilverSound wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:02 pm I was going to reply to this post:
EPIM integration with Antidote, the write cure
Post by Laurent C. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:42 pm
The challenge is still open... :wink:
With a +1 and an insert, but after I thought about it, I realized that rather than +1 a threat that comes off as edgy I would make a poll in general chat to see if we can't get more people involved.

Read all my post above for preliminary info, then vote here : :arrow: Grammar Checking in EPIM

:wink:
EPIM Pro + EPIM Android (AEPIM) / W10 Pro 64 bits FR + Office 2019 Pro Plus
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

I thank you very much for the poll : Grammar Checking in EPIM
admin wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:51 am I updated the poll a bit in order to make it more universal (two new options added at the bottom). Unfortunately all previously submitted votes were lost in the process. Please re-vote.
It seems my Antidote $130 [lifetime version] $60 Upgrades every 3~ish years for major versions is getting right : 75% !

:D

Regards
lbw2112
Expert

Post by lbw2112 »

MetalDrop wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:53 pm IMO I think this would best be accomplished not by having the EPIM core developers integrating any of these, but by having them build a plug-in system for notes that would allow community members to make integrations ourselves.

The two main reasons for this opinion:

None of these offer support for the full range of languages that EPIM supports, and thus direct 1st party integration of any of them is adding exclusive features benefiting only people who use a limited set of specific languages.

Piling on as many 1st party integrations as possible, is too problematic. It would likely do more to damage the stability of EPIM than benefit it. There are good reasons why most integrations like these are done through plug-ins in other programs.

Every 1st party integration of this nature is a highly limited use case feature that the developers then have to manage and take care of themselves no matter how few people use them. Whereas community made plug-ins are features that are cared for by the community and as long as there is a proper demand for them they are maintained.

I would also like to point out that a plug-in system for notes would give the community power to address many other low priority, but important feature requests on the board.

Line numbers, line sorting, code-highlighting, and a template system for example.
Fully agree with this post.
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

lbw2112 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:42 pm
MetalDrop wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:53 pm IMO I think this would best be accomplished not by having the EPIM core developers integrating any of these, but by having them build a plug-in system for notes that would allow community members to make integrations ourselves.
Fully agree with this post.
I quite agree with this opinion, but universality is not always synonymous with ease or long-term follow-up. Solutions still need to offer ad hoc APIs. Antidote is one step ahead, in my opinion, and offers an API, I think... I let the EPIM team choose its strategy, which could also be done in two steps in order to increase the potential of the tool after a first test transformed... Cordially.
antidoteconnect

Post by antidoteconnect »

Hello,

Integration team from Antidote here. How can we help ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey antidoteconnect, welcome and thanks for joining and offering your help. Will keep that in mind once we get closer to the feature implementation :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
S_Belle
Guru

Post by S_Belle »

I was wondering if anything ever came of this?

I use and love Antidote would be nice if it worked better with EPIM.

My current system is copy/past from EPIM to MS word to use Antidote then Copy/Past back to EPIM.
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

I'm fond of Antidote, but it seems not to be even the minor priority of EPIM and I could understand that because I'm only a French trying to write English...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We still have this feature in the plans, although not with the highest priority, unfortunately.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Laurent C.
Guru

Post by Laurent C. »

Thank you very much for the quote : I understand perfectly 8)
Shron85
Novice

Post by Shron85 »

Antidote 11 came out today with WordPad support, and a new installer and integration manager that list all support programs. Given the amount of people who use Antidote and the ease of integration basic support like the floating toolbar in wordpad is to offer, it seems like it would be a great investment in advertising for EPIM. You're program name would get put in front of millions of students, teachers, writers, and more.