Problem connecting app to PC for synchonising

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ojos
Novice

Problem connecting app to PC for synchonising

Post by ojos »

I have been using EssentialPIM for a while and currently on version 9.9.7 under Windows 10. I am manually updating the data in the PC only. From time to time I am therefore connecting the mobile app on my Android phone to synchronise the updated data there. The strange thing is that I have several mobile Android devices all connected to the same wifi network, but only one of those devices will successfully connect and synchronise the data from PC. On all the other devices it always fails to connect to the PC saying:
No Pcs with running Windows version of EssentialPIM ...
This is despite the fact that all devices are on the same wifi network and also on the same IP network: 192.168.2.xx. I have tried connecting manually to the correct IP address but (apart from my 1 working phone) all other Android devices always tell me they are unable to connect. I have other applications outside of EssentialPIM where my mobile devices interchange data through wifi with the PC and those other applications never fail to connect
It's particularly a nuisance because the one Android device that always connects successfully is my oldest phone which I now want to retire and doing that would totally prevent me from ever synchronising EssentialPIM with mobile again.
Any thoughts on solving this problem which only occurs with EssentialPIM connection when other apps connect fine?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem connecting app to PC for synchonising

Post by admin »

For security and privacy purposes you'd need to create a separate synchronization for each of your Android devices.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ojos
Novice

Post by ojos »

admin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:45 am For security and privacy purposes you'd need to create a separate synchronization for each of your Android devices.
What precisely do I have to do to create separate synchronisation for my new devices? I've had my old (working) device setup to sync for a number of years and, due to length of time, I cannot recall precisely how I created the synchronisation. At the present I just take my new Android device and select PC Sync and it the goes into Scanning for Devices and then says No PCs running Windows version of EssentialPIM detected. But there is a Windows 10 PC running EssentialPIM just a few centimetres from the Android device. So what process do I have to go through to create a separate synchronisation for this new Android device and are there instructions for doing it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just click on File->Synchronization->Add->Android and follow the on-screen instructions. Thanks.
ojos
Novice

Post by ojos »

Thank you, that solved the problem and I've now been able to synchronise my latest phone with with the PCs EssentialPIM. So can I theoretically add as many Android devices as I like to synchronise with my PC? Conversely, is there any facility to remove an Android device from it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you can add an unlimited number of devices. To delete a synchronization click on Tools->Options, choose the synchronization you wish to remove and click on the Delete button.
ojos
Novice

Post by ojos »

Thank you. My final question is about the fact that I have a second (backup) PC. I use this in case my main PC is not available or has a problem of some sort. I copy the EssentialPIM data on to it to use as a backup. So will EssentialPIM allow me to register a mobile device for this second PC (as well as the main PC) so that, in event of a problem with main PC, I can synchronise the data from the backup PC instead?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your sync options are stored in the database so if you copy the file to your second PC, it should already have everything needed for the sync.