Very Concerned About Cloud Service

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

KmxSoft
Guru

Very Concerned About Cloud Service

Post by KmxSoft »

I signed to use the EPIM cloud service a couple of days ago. I have just cancelled that service, so hopefully my cloud charge will be refunded.

The reason for this cancellation is that the security for the cloud account is woefully inadequate, and could potentially lead to an unknown person gaining access to an email account.

If you follow a link for forgotten password when logging into a cloud account, the server squirts out the user name and password in an unencrypted email, to the email address advised for the forgotten password, making it possible for those logon details to be read on any mail server through which the email passes. This unknown person can then logon to the cloud account, and will have full access to mail, calendar, contacts and passwords being stored in the cloud.

This service really needs some form of double authorisation using a randomly generated seed sent via SMS, as used by PayPal, Ebay, Amazon, Google and Microsoft - without that code access to the account is blocked.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Very Concerned About Cloud Service

Post by admin »

Thank you for the suggestion, noted.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!