best way to go to PC and Ipad

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

johncesta
Guru

best way to go to PC and Ipad

Post by johncesta »

So I've been an off and on user for years. Recently I went to the dark side and got a mac book pro. haha I do like it.

I've still been getting all the emails from epim and decided to look at it again. I liked it so much I installed parallels on my mac to run epim in windows.

Wow on both counts. Parallels runs perfectly and epim runs great in it.

So my question is now what is the best way to sync from this windows version to my MS surface Go? Would that be with the epim cloud?

Also what is the best view and editing method (app) to use on the Ipad? I still have an ipad and ipad mini.

Thanks
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
admin
Site Admin

Re: best way to go to PC and Ipad

Post by admin »

I'd say the best way to sync two Windows devices would be EPIM Cloud.

There's also the iOS version of EPIM available, you can installed it on your devices and sync with WinEPIM.

Hope that answers your question. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

Is it ok to keep the epim dB on iCloud and access it from both PCs of course only one at a time?

I’ve tried the epim cloud and for one thing I had to turn off contacts because it kept crashing with media type not found then after that sit took about four hours or more to get everything up to the cloud. It’s just not practical. When more time is spent managing the software I use than actually using the software it’s too much to handle.

I love epim if I Just use it on windows and leave it at that.

It seems to be ok syncing google events and tasks and then in iPad and phone use google calendar and tasks to access.
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that should be ok, as well. In any case we'd like to have a look at the log files as synchronization with EPIM Cloud should work and be much more faster (couple of seconds to do consequential syncs).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!