Cloud version

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
vinpug
Expert

Cloud version

Post by vinpug »

Hi, I've been a user of Essentialpim pro for several years. I would be interested in subscribing to the Cloud version. I've never seen how it works and I'd rather do a test to see if it solves some of my problems. Can you test for a short time?
Thank you.
Vincenzo Pugliese
a8907433
Guru

Re: Cloud version

Post by a8907433 »

Hello vinpug!
My experience with the EPIM Cloud: It is very good for synchronizing- I use it for sync from Desktop > Cloud > Tablet (only one direction). This works reliable, and I have an additional backup. It works in background (depending on the settings), and, usually it is fast enough- but when I only work on PC for a short time (a few minutes) and than shut down computer, I have to cancel synchronization. But this depends on the size of your database.
Online use of cloud: only contacts and calendar is usable reasonably. passwords are encrypted additionally.
So- for this prize, that´s not bad and secure.
The huge advantage in comparison over other clouds (Google, Microsoft.....) is, your data are real private (no advertising...).

If you can test it.... I don´t know, but you can buy and if you don´t like it, get your money back!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, as a result of contacts, I decided to subscribe to the cloud for a month. I synchronized the data and entered the cloud. The contacts synced, but I did not find any trace of my tasks in the calendar. In addition, the current day screen is different from the one on the essentialpim and does not report the same things. Is it normal or do you need to install something?
Thank you.
Vincenzo Pugliese
henacynflin
Experienced

Post by henacynflin »

This aspect is a bit of a disappointment. It is more back-up security than sync. It will let you see events and contacts but not other data. It seems strange that, since this uses firebird for data storage, that a more comprehensive package could not be offered as remote access is surely possible. I'f suggest that this might be a big attraction to many users.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

EPIM Cloud is indeed, first of all a sync service. You can use web interface, but it is quite limited in its functionality.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

EPIM Cloud is not intended to sync data from the desktop to other devices is that correct? I use Google for this and it is working quite well. However, I also have a subscription to the cloud service but it is used more for backup's. Is this correct?
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

As I said, I use EPIM cloud for "syncing" (one way) from Windows Desktop to Windows on a Tablet (also Desktop). For Android this is not working, as far as I know. But, because you can sync from Desktop to Desktop you can also see this as backup. I use EPIM cloud because I do not trust Google or other services, especialy if they are free (they earn their money with my data).
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Correct, EPIM Cloud is perfect for syncing between Windows EPIMs on different machines, but it impossible to sync to Android EPIM using EPIM Cloud.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
has
Novice

Post by has »

EPIM cloud is an exchange server account?

I see I can't sync to EPIM android, but if its an exchange account I can add this calendar to the default mobile calendar app.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

EPIM Cloud is not an Exchange server. It is based on Owncloud server. There are probably ways to synchronize Owncloud to Android calendar app, but we do not officially support this.
Maxim,
EPIM Team