Read only items

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

windsurfer
Novice

Read only items

Post by windsurfer »

I am in my calendar and there is an entry that i want to delete, when i select delete i get a message "Please disable read only mode using Edit Menu"
When i look in the Edit menu there is an option That says Read only and it is checked but it is greyed out. So now what ?

Also i don't need any entries read only so how can i prevent that ?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Read only items

Post by Max »

Please go to Tools-> Options-> Subscriptions and remove Subscriptions- those might be the cause of read-only items.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

There are no subscriptions
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

I have the same issue. Curious of the fix.

Thanks
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

I was told that they are set to read only in Google but i don't sync my calendar with Google.
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

It would be nice if there were some instructions from PIM on this kind of issue. The help file is for all intents and purposes pretty useless.
I went into my calendar that is associated with the sync account in PIM and i have myself as the owner yet i can't delete an entry. Of course my slogan "Nothing is easy with Google"
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I understood you have Google synchronization set up. Depending on it's settings it may also be the cause of read-only items in Calendar. Stopping synchronizing Google Calendar and synchronization should remove those read-only items.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

I have never synchronized the Google calendar so i am not sure where that is coming from. Those items were setup in the free version of PIM which in my mind shouldn't make a difference . and i never synchronized in the free version at all.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

It is not clear- you are saying "I went into my calendar that is associated with the sync account in PIM" and then "I have never synchronized the Google calendar"
Please post screenshot of such read-only item, and of Tools-> Options-> Synchronizations-> Google window.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

Where did i say "I went into my calendar that is associated with the sync account in PIM" ?
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

I believe he is saying that the calendar item you are seeing is coming from a calendar feed somewhere and you need to edit that calendar from that feed.
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

Well then i would like to know where it is coming from, i entered all the information in the calendar in the free version of PIM and used that file to generate the one in PIM plus. It has never been synced with Google and i have no other program on my computer that contains that information.
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

I have Google sync setup for my calendars. As an example, I have the weather forecast feed for my area to that calendar. I cannot edit that or change the read only status on that feed from within EPIM. It has to be done on the actual Google calendar. I would check subscriptions and syncronizations just to verify that there is nothing there. Aside from that, I am just not sure. Seems like that event is somehow coming from outside EPIM.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

As mentioned above, please go to Tools-> Options-> Syncronizations, make a screenshot and post it here. Right now it is confusing to understand.
Maxim,
EPIM Team