Email client + calendar + contacts + notes app that syncs with iPhone without cloud

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

JustA.PIMuser

Email client + calendar + contacts + notes app that syncs with iPhone without cloud

Post by JustA.PIMuser »

Hello,

I just posted my PIM requirements on Stack Exchange for Software Recommendations:
https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/ ... without-cl

Can anyone comment on whether EssentialPIM meets these requirements?

Thank you!

F.M
Max
Site Admin

Re: Email client + calendar + contacts + notes app that syncs with iPhone without cloud

Post by Max »

Hello,

EPIM for iOS can synchronize Calendar, Tasks, Contacts and Passwords over WiFi.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
JustA.PIMuser

Re: Email client + calendar + contacts + notes app that syncs with iPhone without cloud

Post by JustA.PIMuser »

Thanks, Maxim. Is there a high level architectural diagram of how it works? I'd be interested in (for example) whether it is presenting an Exchange interface from Outlook on a laptop to iPhone or Android phone, whether it imports everything (contacts, notes, calendar) from an Outlook *.pst file, whether it can act as an IMAP client and request read receipts on outgoing mail, etc.

Additionally, a guided tour of the functions (calendar, notes, contacts, IMAP client) would give me an idea what to expect. If possible, an online manual would let me know how difficult it is to set this up. Finally, mention was made of databases. I'm a fan of Access, and I was wondering of there is documentation on how one would use the database capability. I'm not an app developer, but I can foresee situations in which I'd want to manipulate the data using SQL, and then shove the result back into the app. Is there an entity-relationship diagram showing the organization of the data?

F.M>
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Sync between Windows EPIM and iOS EPIM does not relate to Outlook in any way.
Both apps establish direct connection over WiFi using Apple Bonjour service.
iOS EPIM presents a UI for To Do (Tasks), Passwords modules. Calendar and Contacts are synchronized with iOS' own Calendar and Contacts.
Here is a manual on setting up iOS Sync: https://www.essentialpim.com/help/ios_iphone__ipad.htm
Regaring database- EPIM uses Firebird SQL, which is quite easy to set-up. There is no data diagram at the moment, unfortunately.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
JustA.PIMuser

Post by JustA.PIMuser »

Thanks. I browsed over that quickly and need to do a bit more research of what you said.