Display problem

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
vinpug
Expert

Display problem

Post by vinpug »

Hi, my name is Vincenzo Pugliese and I am writing to you from Italy. I use the 8.55 pro version of the Essentialpim on my Windows 10 pro PC and the 5.6.2 version on my Android smartphone. I would like to point out that when the task search is selected by label search, all tasks are displayed, even those that have been completed, and this occurs both when the show completed option is active and when the same option is deactivated. In this way the label search is practically useless, because before displaying the tasks with the selected label, it displays all the completed tasks. I await a quick correction of the problem.
Sincerely
Vincenzo Pugliese
admin
Site Admin

Re: Display problem

Post by admin »

I'm unable to reproduce the problem with the 5.7 Beta 1 version. Seems the issue will be fixed in the next release. Let me know if you'd like to try it out. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, I installed the 8.6 pro beta 2 version on my pc and the 5.7 beta 1 version on my android smartphone and I tried to use the label search to see if I only saw the tasks that had the selected label and I found that actually does not show the completed ones, but does not filter for the selected label; indeed it seems to me that it does the opposite. In fact I could not see any task with the label I selected, but on the other hand I saw all those that did not. It would be good to correct this composting to evaluate if this option is useful for something or not.
Thank you
Vincenzo Pugliese
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you please provide us with a list of steps or better yet a small video file (or couple of screenshots) demonstrating the problem? As I'm not sure I can follow the terms you use. Thanks!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi I am attaching a short video that highlights the behavior described in the other messages. After selecting the "020" TODAY label, both tasks with the correct label and those without are displayed. The use of labels is very convenient, but should be entered in the filter selection menu as an item of choice. I am waiting for news.
Sincerely
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Seems you forgot to attach it or the file was too big to be handled by the forum software. In the latter case, please upload it somewhere and forward me the sharing link. Thanks!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! There's the 5.7 Beta2 version available starting today. Please check it out. Will there still be the same problem?
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, I downloaded version 5.7.2 beta from your site and installed it. I confirm that this version also always displays deleted tasks, when a label is selected.
Yours sincerely
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi trying to use the beta version 5.7.2 I realized that it does not allow the creation of new tasks or the modification of those already entered. I enclose a short video demonstration of the program's behavior. As I use the Essentialpim to work I will uninstall the beta version and return to the old version. I await news on the anomalies reported.
Sincerely.

Vincenzo Pugliese

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x43q168np7xse ... 0.mp4?dl=0
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

vinpug wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:27 pmI confirm that this version also always displays deleted tasks, when a label is selected.
You mean hidden at the moment completed tasks?
vinpug wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:27 pmit does not allow the creation of new tasks or the modification of those already entered. I enclose a short video demonstration of the program's behavior.
Thank you very much, will fix in the next version.