Web Clipper

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

MrDiBs
Novice

Web Clipper

Post by MrDiBs »

Yes...Yes.. I know its been mentioned before but now is the time to move ahead of the pack. Evernote subcribers have been dropping and with struggling financial issues I really think its time for an EPIM Web Clipper :idea: . Allow us to clip articles, notes , annotations, images, webpages, etc., etc. to different leafs in Notes Section. Just my two cents on this thing :D
DG
Beta Team

Re: Web Clipper

Post by DG »

+1

Regards,
DG
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, suggestion noted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Rick12
Novice

Post by Rick12 »

+1. A web clipper would be great !
EssentialPIM Pro Portable 9 Beta 1
Windows 10 64bits
henacynflin
Experienced

Post by henacynflin »

Yes, I agree
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

Would be a very helpful feature.
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hello, has this feature finally been introduced? Is it possible to crop or save pages from the internet directly in Epim? And speaking of which, when will it be possible to use the password manager on the internet?
Thanks.
schindi
Novice

Post by schindi »

+1 I also support the idea of a web clipper to be able to transfer information from a browser to EPIM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Web clipper is in the plans. vinpug, not sure I understood your suggestion about the password manager. Please elaborate more about what you expect it to do. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, it would be very useful if it were possible, from within the browser, to save the page directly as a note or as a task in the Essentialpim. The same functionality found in many other task management programs. It would certainly make the application more attractive for many users and give a breath of modernity.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

+1 for web page clipper or saver. Right now, I use Techsmith's SnagIt to capture web pages (part and full) and insert them into EPIM. It's a daily tedious process. Let's face it: we all gather info from the Internet a lot to store into EPIM, so the EPIM clipper is long overdue.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Also for the password manager it would be very innovative to be able to use it within the browser to be able to use it instead of the default one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

vinpug wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:39 pm Also for the password manager it would be very innovative to be able to use it within the browser to be able to use it instead of the default one.
That would be a browser add-in, which is able to exchange data with WinEPIM via EPIM Cloud, for instance. Another topic but indeed an interesting suggestion that we're going to take into account.
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

I'd like to vote against the web clipper unless it is easy. There are good programs like Joplin out there with web clippers whose whole purpose in life is just to manage notes. The note module will never nor should it, compete with them. I'd hate to see a lot of time wasted doing something which will never really be good enough when compared to Evernote or Joplin, when the email, task calendar and contacts options seem like the core and I don't want too much effort directed away from them. A little notes option is neat, but I don't want a lot of developer time sucked down that function.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your input, Steve, every single opinion does matter to us. Although, as you can see many users are voting for the feature so we have it in our to do list for implementation in the future.