EssentialPIM Free 8.5: issue with "enter key" while creating or editing a Calendar event

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Markinson
Novice

EssentialPIM Free 8.5: issue with "enter key" while creating or editing a Calendar event

Post by Markinson »

Hello everyone from Italy! :)

This is my problem (in addition to my English ... sorry! :roll: ): inside the Calendar section, both for an event already created and in the case of a new event, if you want to start a new line (perhaps after the ".", to better separate the paragraphs), when you press the "enter key" (both the main one and the one of the possible numeric keypad), instead of going to a new line below, any text present is only highlighted.
If nothing has been written yet, pressing the "enter key" does not happen anything.

I tried with different EPIM database and in all cases the result is the same.
Thank you in advance for your attention! :wink:

p.s.
I published a similar question in the italian section. I hope this is not an abuse on my side. :(
"Facesti come quei che va di notte, che porta il lume dietro e sé non giova, ma dopo sé fa le persone dotte"
Dante (Purgatorio, Canto XXII)
Weogo

Re: EssentialPIM Free 8.5: issue with "enter key" while creating or editing a Calendar event

Post by Weogo »

Hi Markinson and Management,

The exact thing is happening to me.
I tried going back to a past version but that version won't open a file that has been opened by 8.5 .
Until this is fixed the program is crippled.

Am using with Win7.

Thanks and good health, Weogo
admin
Site Admin

Re: EssentialPIM Free 8.5: issue with "enter key" while creating or editing a Calendar event

Post by admin »

Confirm this problem, it will be fixed in the upcoming 8.51 version. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Markinson
Novice

Post by Markinson »

Thank you so much for your confirmation!
I can add that in a Linux Ubuntu-derivated environment the issue doesn't appear with the same EPIM databases.

Cheers from Italy!

:)
"Facesti come quei che va di notte, che porta il lume dietro e sé non giova, ma dopo sé fa le persone dotte"
Markinson
Novice

Post by Markinson »

I can confirm (for now, at least!) that the issue was solved in new 8.51 release.
Thank you so much!
Cheers from Italy!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And thank you for the feedback!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!